Breastfeeding multiples | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dont get me wrong ladies, i am completly all for b/f my twins when they come along but i guess i just didnt see it how it has now been put to me, i no get that it would be alot easier with it....Ahhh i love this forum, you guys are so lovely you are making it all so much easier for me!

THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi twin mums and twin mums to be,
    I was hoping that I could ask the twin mums to offer their advice re the below twin pillows. As you can see there are a few on the market which makes it hard to know which would be the best to get. Any help is greatly appreciated

This one is made by a twin mum in Brisbane, she's the only one selling them. To me it looks ok?

This one looks like it has a larger surface area:

This one seems to be the latest on the market, although I don't think it's big enough?

The Australian Breastfeeding Association sell these twin feeding pillows really cheap for $40. Got a brochure when at the baby expo recently (note feeding pillow info is at the bottom of web page)

I'm kinda leaning towards this one as you can also buy a vinyl cover for it made from cotton terry-cloth, with a waterproof vinyl underlay. And seems practical with the lean in slope.

Others:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slight panic attack...I've just been reading another thread where mum's with very large boobs have to haold their baby with one hand and their boob with the other......How the hell do we do this when tandem feeding???
    Have any other twin mums tandem fed with huge boobs??? (I'm getting worried, mine will prob end up F cup)

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    nevergivenup - I have the EZ2 nurse inflatable. LOVE IT! I got an extra cover so I could have one in the wash, one on the pillow. Being inflatable was good, as when they were little it was pumped right up, but as they got bigger, I let out a bit of the air so they sunk down a little and still sat at the right height.

Twins Kelly - The twin feeding pillows will probably be helpful for you, as you can positiont he baby with rolled up blankets and you won't need to hold them. I have little boobs (I was proud that I got to a D while feeding in the early days - LOL, was only ever a large B cup when feeding my single babies!!) so not speaking from experience....but I had to hold my boobs a little for DS in the early days, but didn't need to at all with the twin feeding pillow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post

2) Midwives may do an ok job at instructing you on how to feed- but mine were useless. The ONLY advice I took on board in the end came from my Lactation Consultant. But I was very lucky, as the hospital here supplies them free of charge. I know other people have to pay for theirs- but even if you do have to pay- they really are worth it!

I am also in Melbourne, can I ask what hospy helped you find the Lactation Consultation, and a FOC one, that sounds fantastic! Everything I have heard is about $80 for about an hour - 1.5 hours with them...does that sound right/inflated?

I am currently baking twins and due in about 6 weeks, but due to be induced at 38 weeks and would love to bf my bubbas.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'm not in Melb- Regional Vic (nth east)

I think $80 does sound about standard, but if you're unsure, get in touch with your local ABA group and they will be able to point you in the right direction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have twins, but I can offer you a guide on LC fees. I paid $80 to see one in 2008. I don't imagine it would have gone up a great deal. She was terrific too - worth every cent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And is it standard they come for about an hour? Or do you pay for how many hours you want? Sorry to ask the silly q's just not sure how it all works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your help, I think I might go with the EZ-2 pillow. Got the following comparison from www.thinktwins.com.au.

PS: Sparklesare, wow, you've only got 5 weeks to go!! Didn't realise we were so close. Mine are expected to come a bit earlier because they are identical and I have IV placenta previa and Gestational diabetes.

Thanks for your email. These are the approximate dimensions for each pillow, if you positioned them on your body:

From front of pillow to end of arm at back EZ2-525mm / Twin Plus 540mm
    From LH side to RH side EZ2- 650mm / Twin Plus- 660mm
    From your tummy to the front edge EZ2-170mm / Twin Plus- 180mm
    Side profile: outer edge height Ez2-150mm / Twin Plus=-140mm
    inner edge height Ez2-105mm / Twin Plus- 100mm

The EZ 2 Nurse has a strap that holds the main pillow to your body, but the back pillow is free to be positioned in place as you sit in the couch.

The Twins Plus has the full wrap around section at the back that holds the pillow to your body, and the back pillow is fixed in place as you sit in the couch, in the one position.

We have put the two side by side and there is very little difference between them. Both are American designed and made in China, and they both cost the same to post. We have never had a return on either product. We have been selling the EZ 2 Nurse for almost 2 years and the Twins Plus for about 2 months. We are still selling more of the EZ 2 Nurse than the Twins Plus (about 4:1). You can buy a spare cover for the EZ 2 Nurse but not the Twins Plus (with the EZ 2 Nurse you can have one cover on the pillow and one in the wash) and we find that once removed, the cover is harder to put on the Twins Plus. The Twins Plus is $10 dearer so unless you want the My Brest Friend brand name, then we would recommend the EZ 2 Nurse.

Last edited by nevergivenup; 17-04-2010 at 10:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread! I have been very concerned about how I am going to cope breastfeeding my twins. It is so lovely to read these tips and hear from you. Thank you!!