+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The UQ Dental School should be fine for a clean.... but being a graduate of that dental school and knowing what some of the students are like I would think very carefully about getting a filling done there.

At my dental practice a check-up is about $45 and a clean is about $100. Be careful about choosing a dentist because they are cheap.... you don't want to go to someone that cuts corners.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Touche chuppa chup...
    Where is your dental practice?
    Considering that cleans with UQ are $70-200 anyway, I'd probably go proffesionally for that anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My practice is in New Farm - Merthyr Village.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gums have been bad this pregnancy too. I didn't have any issues with my last pregnancy!

I recently (last year, before I was pregnant!) ran up $1000's on our credit card going to the dentist as I hadn't been in so long and had to do it now before I lost teeth! I joined 'noble dentist' where you pay a small fee then go to participating dentists for a discount. It still cost me alot of money though!! I think the dentists that participate might have top fees to start with!! So I can't afford to go back again now and get checked out..

I read in a parenting magazine that vitamin C can help with gum problems during pregnancy, and it's safe to take as our bodies get rid of any excess we don't need rather than build it up. My friend was having the same problems and her dr just said to brush more often. So I starting flossing and brushing more often and taking vitamin C and I really noticed a difference. When I get lazy and don't bother it often comes back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chuppa chup, thats right down the road from me! How much are initial consults? If I need a clean can I just come in for that?
    Lovinmybub, I'm sooo lazy with my oral hygeine. I mean, I clean my teeth every day, but don't floss... I do use um... That mouth wash though (can't remember what it's called at the moment!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    sarakristine - I can't remember off the top of my head the exact price of an initial examination or for a clean. I'll ring the surgery on Monday and I can post the details for you then. If you ring to make an appointment and you only want a clean you can let the receptionist know that and an appropriate appointment length will be made for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so....

Initial consultation/examination $54
    Scale and clean $106

Like I mentioned before, if you only want a clean just be very clear with the receptionist when you book your appointment that you only want a clean - no examination. Bear in mind that the dentist won't check your teeth at all at the appointment, they'll only clean them.

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dentist Indooropilly

Quote Originally Posted by InSaneOne View Post
    the only places that will bulkbill on medicare is the public health places. you can only get into them if you have a health care card. i would just call up several places and find out what they will charge for a clean and check. bleeding gums is quite common and i wouldn't worry too much. just keep brushing - gently and in circles with a soft toothbrush and you should be fine.

i know a dentist at indooroopilly that is pretty cheap please pm me if you want her details.
    Hi there. I came across your very old post. Do you still have the details of the cheap dentist in Indooroopilly? DP's teeth are falling apart Thanks so much.

dee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by raydee View Post
    Hi there. I came across your very old post. Do you still have the details of the cheap dentist in Indooroopilly? DP's teeth are falling apart Thanks so much.

dee
    Central Dental at Mt. Gravatt is fairly cheap and the quality of their work seems fine. Might be worth looking into if you are anywhere nearby.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks so much :-) Il give them a try.

:-)