+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Brisbane Bulk Billing Dentist

Hello all

I have only just learned that Gum Disease can actually cause pre-term labour... I have had bleeding gums a bit so far (which everything I'd read told me was normal and to be expected) but I am paranoid about this now!

However, cannot for the life of me afford hundreds to spend at a dentist. Does anyone know of any Bulk Billing dentists in Brisbane or North Brisbane? I live in Fortitude Valley, so close to everywhere, and Mum lives in Morayfield/Caboolture so anywhere between here and there? I'll even travel half hour south if I have to...

Thanks!!!

Sarah x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    the only places that will bulkbill on medicare is the public health places. you can only get into them if you have a health care card. i would just call up several places and find out what they will charge for a clean and check. bleeding gums is quite common and i wouldn't worry too much. just keep brushing - gently and in circles with a soft toothbrush and you should be fine.

i know a dentist at indooroopilly that is pretty cheap please pm me if you want her details.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dont stress too much, bleeding gums are quite common in pregnancy.

As for bulk billing dentist, I don't know if they exist tbh. I had a problem a while ago when I needed a wisdom tooth, right then and there and couldn't find any. There is the public system but they are VERY rude and only for if you are on a concession or have a HCC - they told me in a very demeaning and sarcastic tone, while I was in tears from the pain to "go get the yellow pages, open it up to D....for dentists!"

Sorry Im not much help, but a lot of dentists will do payment plans.
    Last edited by brogeybear; 25-03-2010 at 11:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey i wouldn't worry too much, ALOT of women have bleeding gums in pregnancy, and even when not in pregnancy, im sure if you are aware of it and not overdo things too much you will be fine!

As for the dentists, i don't know if they do bulk billing like people said if you went through the public system i have a feeling you would be put on a waiting list and you will probably have given birth by the time they can fit you in!

Although i do know of a place in toowong that offers payment plans kind of like GE credit i think, i think a few places can offer that as they know how expensive some work can be. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I guess I'll just have to find a cheap place.

OMG brogeybear! I can't believe they said that to you! That's horrible!

*Sigh* I hate dentists. I haven't been there since I was 17...
    I don't not like them, I just hate people going near my mouth, unless I want them to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah, some people just think they get to speak to people like cr@p on the other end of the phone! Hope you find one that is cheap and nice....I go to Divine Smiles at Nundah, they are nice, I dont think they are too expensive, I ended up going there and got my wisdom tooth pulled and it cost around $150.

By the way, how is everything going with your DP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything is perfect! He seemed to suddenly just change a few weeks ago and we have not had a single fight since! He's spent a whole week sober, he's not "gone off" (he has a wicked temper and will yell over the smallest thing, then forget about it immediately!) for a few weeks and he's so much more proactive about the pregnancy! He even called her by her name today (he kept calling her "it" or "baby" for a while, I think he was disappointed that she isn't a boy ). He's like a new man, it's incredible. And now I'm happier too, which I think then makes it easier for him to be happy

And, I came up with a great idea: Student dentists! I gave UQ a call, and have booked an examination for $22! I think that's pretty good! If I desperately need a clean (which I don't want if I can help it) it'll cost between $70-200 depending on how much I need, but I think they do cheap fillings (which I know I need). I'm quite happy with $22 for an initial examination, not to mention I'm helping someone's studies at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats awesome on both accounts darl! Really happy for you! You'll have shiny new teeth soon to go with your new man! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a "Dental hospital" in the city which is actually a UQ facility. They're final year dental students over seen senior dentists.

T'is considerably cheaper...

Have a google

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh awesome, I need to get a checkup soon and UQ is pretty close to work