Long road ahead for Claire after surgery | Page 5 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Because she got lucky....that's all it is. Someone made a judgement of error (according to some opinions, not mine), a compassionate error, and there has been an immense hue and cry ensuring that not one single person will ever be as lucky again.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    Because she got lucky....that's all it is. Someone made a judgement of error (according to some opinions, not mine), a compassionate error, and there has been an immense hue and cry ensuring that not one single person will ever be as lucky again.

People have been tryng to get help for over seas medical care for yeas, yes she got lucky and as said I wishher all the best. When this first went to the media it was said t was a one of thing and the government wont be making a habbit of this, Its not becuase of the back lash.

I dont wish her any harm at all, I wish her all the best I think its right she get health care but what I wil never understand is why this one person got picked over every other person that also needs live saveing treatment that is offfered over seas.

Im not saying she deserves to die and if you read all my posts you wil see that, yes I wish that this special one of deal was also offered to others that are in great need, but the fact is its not its a one of that she is the only lucky one, and yerp good luck to her but what about the others, do they deserve the death sentance you are talking about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikenzees mum View Post
    I dont wish her any harm at all, I wish her all the best I think its right she get health care but what I wil never understand is why this one person got picked over every other person that also needs live saveing treatment that is offfered over seas.
    It's just the way the cookie crumbled. It's not as though there were a whole heap of contestants and she was picked ahead of them all based on her merits. The 'why her and not someone else?" question could be asked of anyone - what if the loan was given to an elderly man? Why him and not someone younger? What if it was given to a rich businessman? Why him when he could afford healthcare? What if it was given to a woman prone to colds? Why her and not someone healthier? What if it had been given to a mother of 3? Why her and not a mother of 8?

It's just the way it went. Nobody is more or less deserving of the chance to live.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippi Longstocking View Post
    It's just the way the cookie crumbled. It's not as though there were a whole heap of contestants and she was picked ahead of them all based on her merits. The 'why her and not someone else?" question could be asked of anyone - what if the loan was given to an elderly man? Why him and not someone younger? What if it was given to a rich businessman? Why him when he could afford healthcare? What if it was given to a woman prone to colds? Why her and not someone healthier? What if it had been given to a mother of 3? Why her and not a mother of 8?

It's just the way it went. Nobody is more or less deserving of the chance to live.

I understand that, I was just explaining my post to bubmum who seemed to think, that me saying why is theis one person more derserving than every one else KWIM, she read it as me saying she should be left to die when that is NOT the case. The main arguement in th other thread about this was that she deserves this and that being a drug addict should change that she is entitled to health care just like every one else, and I agreed and do agreee, But what I was saying is that she has been given above and beyond whaat everyone else gets, again fine if it saves her life then thats briliant, but why not make this available to other dieing people as well, KWIM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Pippi Longstocking;

It's just the way it went. Nobody is more or less deserving of the chance to live.[/QUOTE]

There you go, thats the same as what I was saying, so if this person cab be saved by a one of load from the governemnt then why is everyone else in her predicament worth so much less, Just to clarify im not saying she is less deserving at all but does that mean the others are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess something about her must have touched the heart of the minister involved? I wonder if he would have been happy to pay from his own pocket.

I find this a very sticky ethical issue and a dilemma that is no doubt being discussed in ethics tutes around the country.

It seems as though the way to look at it is that she won the lottery.