User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can anyone tell me what a normal range for PAPP-A and B-hCG is for nuchal blood test?

I would just like to know what the normal range is?

Concerned about my results from NT scan.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did your Dr not give you any advice on your results?

I am honestly not sure I just know mine were very bad .

I would be speaking with Dr before taking in too much "outside" advice.

DS 8/04/08
    DD 26/11/09 (15weeks)
    DS 12/10/10

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing Dr tomorrow but just wanting to be prepared now as there are other issues with scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck for tomorrow

Keep us posted and PM me should you need to chat. I know what a hard time this is.
    DS 8/04/08
    DD 26/11/09 (15weeks)
    DS 12/10/10

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I kept asking everybody what was a normal result but nobody could give me a definate answer. They more just pushed me and pushed me to have an amnio like it was the easiest thing to do in the world than to let me analyse my results before making decision. I wasnt even offered the screening that can be done at around 15 weeks to "double check" because they pushed me so hard to go straight to an amnio which in the end i didnt end up doing.

Here are my results:

Risk 1:20 Age:23

NT: 2.6

HCG: 2.130 Pap 0.490

Nasal bone present at 19 week scan and no other problems or abnormalties physically with bub whatsoever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont they put your blood work results, plus age and nuchal fold measurement all in to get your ratios???? I dont ever remember reading about normal ranges for the bloodwork section alone.....remember there is alot of false positives with this testing,so alot of people dont get it done... so try not to stress too much......

All the best for tomorrow.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflowermummy View Post
    Dont they put your blood work results, plus age and nuchal fold measurement all in to get your ratios???? I dont ever remember reading about normal ranges for the bloodwork section alone.....remember there is alot of false positives with this testing,so alot of people dont get it done... so try not to stress too much......

All the best for tomorrow.....
    Sunflowermummy thats what I was thinking about the ratios. I know my Nuchal Fold was pretty normal but bloods were shocking, unfortunatley mine wasn't a false positive.

Aquamarine its hard not to stress but try and remain positive and goodluck for today.
    DS 8/04/08
    DD 26/11/09 (15weeks)
    DS 12/10/10

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I am off to see dr and book in for amnio. I have a really negative feeling though so am prepared for the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aquamarine

I have never had an amnio so am no help there, but my bloods took me into high rsk category for DS with my DS3.
    The nuchal fold was fine, my age was fine and with those two combined, my risk was one in the thousands!! Then my bloods got factored in and took me to 1:117.
    My wonderful OB helped reassure me after these results and asked me if I realised these results merely meant there was a less then 1% chance that my baby might have DS. She said there are many reasons for those blood tests to have such results - one of them can be there is a very small bleed in the placenta - so small you may not even know it's there. Have you had any bleeding by any chance? (I had not had any myself)
    In the end I chose not to have the amnio and just see how things went at the 19 week scan. At this scan there were no further indications and I can tell you I now have my gorgeous 5mth old son who is in perfect heath.

Candy8866 - I spoke to my OB about the 15 week test and she said it was pointless to have this blood test as all it would mean was I would be spending money on a blood test that would not change the results of the NT test. The 15 week one is not really there for 'double checking' results, it is there for women who have missed their NT scan dates for whatever reason. Regardless of what may have come back as a result of the 15 week test, it would not change to the results from the NT test - if that makes sense. (I had this chat to her after I decided not to have the amnio, so it wasn't like she was pushing for the amnio - in fact she backed me 100% and had said she would do the same in my position). I must admit I too found that the doctor they had at the scan place really pushed for the amnio - pretty much straight after she gave me the results while I was still a bit shell shocked. My ob was rather angry at this actually and spoke to the Dr about it.

Good luck to all of you with your results and your decisions. I remember it being such a scary and unsure time so my sympathies are with you as you process all the information and emotions!
    Lunar - a wonderful lady on here who has a gorgeous daughter with DS was a wonderful person to talk to about this for me. Might I suggest having a chat with her if any of you want to talk to someone who really knows what they are talking about and can share amazing experiences and insight with you from her own family.
    DS1 - 2006
    DS2 - 2007
    DS3 - 2009!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for that sueliz it's so nice to hear from someone who has gone through this and everything has come out fine . You mentioned placental bleeding.......i did actually have a small bleed (spotting really) 2 days before i had the blood test hence why i wanted the quad test done. The result i got just never felt right with me. Not denial but more a gut instinct that everything was fine. My NT was high end of average but somebody told me the NT measurement is linked with heart defects which is consistent (not always) with DS. My 19 week scan came back with no issues so fingers crossed I'm 4 weeks away from due date and starting to get a little anxious about everything. Any advice?