View Poll Results: Do you judge people's cooking?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 40.00%
  • No

30 50.00%
  • Other

6 10.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you judge people on their cooking?

Wow I would love to get invited somewhere to dinner. I go to mums but I don't judge her. I'm excited to have my next baby so I can have food bought to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm happy to not have to cook! That said, my MIL (who I love and who is an amazing baker - her sponges, melting moments and pavs are to die for) overcooks pasta until it becomes a soggy, gelatinous mess and doesn't salt the water and well, I'm Italian so I struggle with that one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No but if someone is really into gourmet stuff then I definitely wouldn't invite them over for dinner...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually I am a far more harsh critic of my own cooking than someone else's! When I eat at someone else's place I tend to appreciate not having had to cook (as pp's have said).
    I am super judgemental of my own cooking- especially when I have guests! I feel very sulky if it is not up to the standard I think it should be!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm. I think I'm more inclined to judge if they don't cook *real* food, like if you tell me that you are cooking stir fry and I see a jar of kan tong go into the wok, I will feel more disappointed than if you do a fairly ordinary job of making your own stir fry sauce.

I judge my sisters cooking. She grew up in the same house as me with the same cooking influences and she manages to turn out some truly hideous crap....like the curried sausages which I think was sausages boiled in water with curry powder then thickened with flour (she got the recipe from her MIL) - she knows better and can do better.