View Poll Results: Do you judge people's cooking?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 40.00%
  • No

30 50.00%
  • Other

6 10.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Do you judge people on their cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

Also, the first time she came to visit us, she asked one night if she could help with dinner, so I told her to cut up the lettuce for the salad and she got out a steak knife to cut it up
    What's wrong with that? I just grab whatever knife comes out of the draw first. Your poor MIL just trying to help..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What's wrong with that? I just grab whatever knife comes out of the draw first. Your poor MIL just trying to help..
    Umm, I didn't say anything to her, I just think it's funny to use a steak knife for lettuce, it doesn't exactly cut it up properly or easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Umm, I didn't say anything to her, I just think it's funny to use a steak knife for lettuce, it doesn't exactly cut it up properly or easily.
    My steak knife works fine on lettuce. Perhaps yours is blunt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (17-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any meal not cooked by me is delicious!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    My steak knife works fine on lettuce. Perhaps yours is blunt
    Not sure how a serrated steak knife could be blunt. It just doesn't slice lettuce as easily

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I must admit i fancy myself as a reasonable cook of the baking / cake area....so when certain family members pull out the VILE woolies mudcake for dessert i inwardly shudder..and do judge...it tastes like plastic....and i cant help but think even a packet cake mix tastes so much better....even worse when they tell u it was on sale so virtually out if date ewwwwww......yes another MIL story lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (17-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Whoa, this thread was a little trip down memory lane, look at all the old members *misses the good ole days*
    Nothing further to add
    Was just thinking the same reading through, although, I think a couple might be back under new names

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do judge when people are bad cooks. I hate going somewhere for dinner when I know the person is a bad cook. I am a reasonably good cook and cant pretend to eat something I really don't like. My MIL is terrible, she cooks the crap out of everything, ewwwww!

Thanks
    Reviews

I probably have judged but was just thinking most of my friends and family are great cooks so no need for judging these days! My SIL is not that great but she really try's and goes to a lot of effort so I appreciate her effort even if the food is not always fabulous!

Thanks
    Reviews

Not really..

However I have friends who can't cook decent meals (as in I barely find them edible) so just avoid having them cook for me. It doesn't bother me at all that they're bad cooks though...

I also know SIL cooks hours after she says we will eat and we're all starving so I avoid eating there too...