View Poll Results: Do you judge people's cooking?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 40.00%
  • No

30 50.00%
  • Other

6 10.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't make wrong judgements, no. Although I may avoid going to people's houses for meals if they're shocking I'm not good at all at pretending I enjoy something.

I think people's cooking can tell me a lot about a person. My partner is a pretty good cook if I do say so myself and I made a WRONG judgement of him when I went to his house for dinner for the first time. I assumed because he was a bachelor for so long he'd be shocking. But I realised he's very cultured - likes food from all different parts of the world, good wine, healthy etc.

My dad is a bit of a health nutter and I can judge by his cooking that he is a health nutter so to make a judgement on somebody on their cooking, I believe, isn't a bad thing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you judge people on their cooking?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Absolutely I do. If they don't turn up to a bring a plate event with their speciality dish that is really yum.. Oh I judge them..

Seriously though, no I don't. Unless all they cook is frozen chips and party pies. I like to try different food I wouldn't normally cook myself or compare their version to mine and look for ways to improve mine.

Food does taste better when made by someone else.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Considering I get excited about being in hospital because they bring me food I don't have to prepare or wash up after I'm usually too pleased to be cooked for to be sizing up the chef.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (17-02-2013),meesha87  (17-02-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Whoa, this thread was a little trip down memory lane, look at all the old members *misses the good ole days*
    Nothing further to add

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

*Need~More~Coffee~Please*  (18-02-2013),Guest654  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you judge people on their cooking?

Three year old thread alert!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My initial thought was no, of course not! But then I thought about my brother who is 39 and can not cook toast! YES I judge him - its disgraceful that he simply refuses to try to cook and has got away with other people doing for him all his life!

He says he's happy to do everything else around the house just not cooking.... But when he lived with me recently after 2 months I flat out told him I won't cook his meals anymore. He then ate the same thing every night, these things you just throw in the oven no 'cooking' required. I have lost respect for him tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I judge people who can't/don't cook. It's not nice but I can't help it.
    The amount of people I know (the ones who are mothers are the ones that bother me the most) who never cook and eat frozen nuggets or 2 minute noodles for dinner every night really shocks me!
    I get that people are busy, but even on a day that I've been to work, I'll still cook dinner for DD, DH & myself. It's not hard to make a quick casserole or stir fry.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I wouldn't say on judge people on their actual cooking ... But sometimes I'm shocked by WHAT people cook. I went to a friends place and after eating had pains in my tummy from the heavy, creamy dinner. I was amazed they could stomach so much of it. But that would be more because I've never been a creamy pasta type gal I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And that's why I never invite anyone to dinner......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast