View Poll Results: Do you judge people's cooking?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 40.00%
  • No

30 50.00%
  • Other

6 10.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko View Post
    I guess I consider it judging because I am impressed by someone who can cook or bake and I think they are awesome iykwim? Probably becausr I don't think I am that great so I think highly of their skillz lol.
    I guess Im still a little confussed what is considered judging... What I consider having an opinion other think is judging... I guess if its positive then no one really cares but if its negative your instantly judging someone...Its like you cant have a negative opinion on something or someone with out it being judgemental........Or is that pretty much the meaning of judging?

For me if I was to think someone was a bad cook, I wasnt saying they are a bad person/bad mother/bad lover (lol) Im saying that cant cook for sh!t. If I was to think "geeze this person sucks at cooking, what a bad mother" then yes thats judging......
    If I was to think "wow lovely food" Im not saying that they make a good mother because of it they could be lousy for all I know lol. I might think they need to work in a kitchen somewhere! yum yum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymuma View Post
    I haven't had a meal cooked for me in at least 4 years - so if someone ever decides to NO WAY IN HELL will I judge it - I will probably just ask that person to marry me.
    whoa thatsages!!
    i have cooked twice in the last 3 weeks for my neighbour coz she doesnt get home from work with her kids till near 6 ........so it helps me get motivated to cook real food (instead of a toasted sandwhich for myself and some vegies and stuff for lockie)

deffinantly judge MIL's cooking OMG she is CRAP !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have to say we don't often go elsewhere for meals and my Mum and MIL are good cooks, which is where we go most often. Our two best 'couple' friends ... Well one couple are both chefs (bonus), another couple cook like chefs (bonus again) and my two best friends are insanely good. One of them owns a restaurant! So yeah we're not often given crap meals ... lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I couldn't care less, if it means I don't have to cook for one night, Im there and happy

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No i dont, m a totaly rubish cook lol so I wonder how many judge me, heheh oh well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish my friends would cook me a dinner!! When we get together its either out at a restaurant or an informal bring-a-plate type do. Some of my friends are great cooks so the judging would more than likely be really positive and I'd be mentally pinching some of their ideas.
    I would never be so ungrateful to say anything negative when someone has gone to the trouble of preparing a meal. If I dont like what has been cooked I still make an effort to eat it, thank them for the meal and for inviting us. Common courtesy really. Unless they served Cow Eye ball soup and deep fried bull testicles with fish flavoured ice cream then I may have to politely decline.

But the car ride home would be like a My Kitchen Rules summary........"oh that soup was a 2 and the dessert - 5. The testicles weren't even COOKED".
    Last edited by TeenyT; 13-03-2010 at 10:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenyT View Post
    Unless they served Cow Eye ball soup and deep fried bull testicles with fish flavoured ice cream
    then I may have to politely decline.
    Well yes, I draw the line there too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I compare my cooking to my SIL's and MIL - they are great cooks, but the reason I do is because when I first started cooking food from DH's culture (Indian) I knew it wasn't anywhere near as good as his sister's and mother. Now I get a lot of satisfaction when we eat there and I find their cooking tastes much the same as mine (which means my cooking is authentic now!) and in fact there are some dishes I've taught myself that I do better than them and they ask me to show them how I do it, or what I added! A very proud moment for me!!!

...or when my roti's (some may know them as chapatti's?) are perfectly round and puff up better than their's there is a certain smug satisfaction in proving that I'm just as good as any Indian daughter-in-law would have been for DH! (issues much? yep! LOL).

Other than that, I love cooking and different flavours and usually enjoy seeing how people do things differently and getting ideas, and as others have said - as long as I'm getting a night off, I'm happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been thinking of this some more since your other thread

I might have an opinion about a meal presented and I say it is an opinion because I can't really judge a meal as crap just because it tastes that way to me!

but even one meal that I think is yucky wouldn't make me judge their cooking skills , cause they could be really good or if I had a nice meal I wouldn't automatically assume that they were a great cook either.

but I think I am over analysing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herchy View Post
    I can't cook for cr@p. I judge everyone elses cooking..... as Awesome compared to anything I can come up with.

Packet mixes and jars all the way!! haha
    me to. im the worlds worst cook. just good enough that we survive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast