View Poll Results: Do you judge people's cooking?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 40.00%
  • No

30 50.00%
  • Other

6 10.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I do. And how is this for honesty? I do it because I am a great cook and it makes me feel better knowing that I am so good at something. Sad hey...but true.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spoon For This Useful Post:

Hannahly  (17-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Well, I've eaten a meal before and thought, "Well that was rubbish..." lol, but I'm still grateful that someone invited me over for a meal.

I think my own mother and MIL are bit rubbish when it comes to cooking. Neither are particularly good at it... but meh, they try, and they invite me over so I don't have to cook so it's no big deal.

I do wonder why some people can't cook AT ALL though. I just don't understand how someone can not cook for themselves. I mean, CHOOSE NOT TO is different to CAN'T. I think it's really quite important for EVERYONE to know how to cook - because you might not have to right now, but oneday you could be alone and you'll need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Due to my cooking perfectionism, if someone is not up to scratch then they are no longer my friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, because what I think may be awful, they might think is wonderful and vice versa.

But like pp, I lurve it when I get a meal cooked for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had a meal cooked for me in at least 4 years - so if someone ever decides to NO WAY IN HELL will I judge it - I will probably just ask that person to marry me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    Due to my cooking perfectionism, if someone is not up to scratch then they are no longer my friend.

Must be hard being so damm perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymuma View Post
    Must be hard being so damm perfect
    Not for me, for those who suck at cooking, yet want to bask in perfectionism, life must be rough.

No really if someone cooks me something I am usually gracious about it even if it doesn't taste so great. My friends are harsh though, sometimes we get together and if someone cooks something crap we usually joke about it. Of course mine are always perfection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    yes

its usually only my SIL's (yes all three of them are crap cooks and one claims she's a fully qualified chef.....chef my a$$ she didn't get past the first year of her apprenticeship because she was that crap) and FIL.

When we lived with FIL I did a lot of the cooking. Even he admits he's a shocking cook though. He asked me how my steak was one night and asked me to be honest. "I prefer steak, not leather"....well he said to be honest

When we lived with SIL (DH's sis) I did a lot of the cooking there too because I was sick of overcooked grilled chicken and soggy steamed vege. Didn't taste too bad but it was boring having it ever night and plain cabage with it too. Not my sort of thing. Anything beyond that and it usualy turned to a take away night cos she'd stuff it up big time.

Stayed with my SIL (bro's mrs) one night and her idea of cooking wasn't my cup of tea. She couldn't even follow the instructions on the box for the tacos. The so called soft tacos come out nearly as hard and the hard one.

And SIL (other bro's mrs) who thinks she's a chef. hmmmmm lets just say when Dad said he was putting me and my sis in the kitchen with her to cook Mum's birthday dinner we both threatened to kill her.....but in the end she made a good kitchen hand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm always happy for someone to cook for me whatever it is!

To me MIL is a great cook because compared to my own mother she makes an effort. But I've noticed that DH and his siblings aren't as impressed as me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not at all, i cant cook for **** so anything they cook is great, means i dont have to cook for the night, and it tastes a helluva lot better than anything id make. It does annoy me when they try and teach me though, i like my steak and vegies thanks