+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill be picking up meds in a few weeks Maggieme, so still yet to start IVF 2. This month seems to be flying though, before we know it, itll be time. I think Im more nervous this time around. I have heard a lot about dhea helping with egg nos and quality so thought id ask the FS about he, she said I could take it, although it wasn't something I had to take. How is everything going for u now? did u enjoy the acu? I love it, I just had another apt this morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't do the acu but I did get some advice about supliments to take. I'm now on a pre natal twice a day, 10 vitamin d per day, coenzyme Q10, and folic. I ran the coenzyme q10 past my FS to be sure, and she said she had been to a conference last week where they were discussing its success in improving egg quality in women over 40. She said there is no proof yet that it helps younger women but it won't do any harm to try. My egg collection was this morning, i got 14 which is huge for me. I think it must have been the elonva as I have read lots of other women have had increased numbers from it. Glad to hear time is going quickly for you!
    Last edited by Maggieme; 25-09-2013 at 17:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    14 is great , how are you feeling? I hope not too sore. 1st time Ive heard of elonva, is it a newer drug? what dose did you have of that and what were you on to hold of O? Will have my that you have great fert rates tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel ok thanks booboo, just a little tender. We just found out our fert rate... They were able to ICSI 13 of the 14 eggs, and of those 7 fertilised successfully which I am over the moon about. I injected 100 mcg Elonva on day 2 only, then topped up with 450 gonal f on days 8 to 12. I used orgalutran from day 6 onwards to hold off O. I think Elonva has been used overseas for quite some time but only in aus since maybe last year. I like that it gives you a big boost at the start of the cycle. Tomorrow we transfer two embryos! Try not worry too much about your next cycle, the dr's are very cautious in the begining but the more cycles you do the more they learn about your reactions and can push you that bit further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    that's so great, wish I could top worrying so much, Im just so stressed about what follows ER, jabs don't bother me too much its what follows that scares me. Pray this cycle goes better, was gutted when they said none fertilised last round, I remember that feeling too well and don't ever want to feel like that again. I need to try and be more positive, u r right they do learn a lot from each cycle, u have had such great progress with your 4th, gl with ET tomorrow, stick babies stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey Booboo, I haven't been on here for a while since we aren't cycling at the moment, but just wanted to check in to see how your cycle went. I see from your signature you had some fertilised eggs which is great news, did you make it to transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't, one was looking pretty good but stopped at morula stage right b4 blast, angry I couldn't transfer on day 3. I'm sorry about your BFN. Glad to know u have 1 frosty, have u decided when to do another Et?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really surprised they planned a 5 day transfer when you only had 2 embryo's and you had had a failed cycle before, such a big risk that you wouldn't make it to transfer. I'm so sorry, that must have been very hard to deal with. We are taking one cycle off in preparation for a frozen cycle next month. Your egg numbers have been so similar to my first 3 cycles and we are the same age, I reckon you should ask about Elonva next cycle as I'm sure that's what doubled my egg count.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So hard not having a chance to even transfer is devastating will def ask the FS about Elonva. Gl for your frozen transfer fx. We booked in for review but also have an apt with a new FS to get a 2nd opinion, hope it goes ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good that you are getting a second opinion. Good luck to you too