+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly32 View Post
    Hi Cloudy,

I know exactly how you feel - making the call the next day and being told "unfortunately it didn't work this time" after 2 weeks of jabbing yourself and operations etc is soul destroying.

I've done one cycle with zero fertilisation. The best fertilisation rate we've achieved is 20%...the more cycles we do, the worse it gets and that is with ICSI.

They say ICSI overcomes a lot of things, obviously not enough for us... DH has genetic sperm related issue, which our FS says is causing the low fert rate. Our path looks like donor sperm.

I really hope ICSI works for you next time.

Holly,

I just wanted to say if your looking at the donor sperm side of things you may want to investigate this sooner rather than later. There is a severe shortage in Australia. We were on the waiting list for 2 yrs with our clinic.

All the best in the future.

Cloudy so sorry that none of your eggs fertilised. The clinic we go to is doing ICSI straight off for us on the first go. I think it might have to do with using donor sperm though. Just like everything comes with risks and sometimes the benefits out weigh the risks. ICSI would be the way to go now.

TNTbub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TNTbub - I go to QFG in Brisbane and have not had any problem with getting a donor, in fact I had about 40 applications to choose from all from Australia. I also had the choice of getting from the States.
    Last edited by Amandamoo; 23-04-2010 at 15:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice TNT bub. Yeh, I've heard that donor sperm is very hard to come by. My DH is on an experimental treatment at the moment that is going to take 6 - 9 months before we know if it has helped. I'd hate to think we would have to wait another 2 years if that didn't work...By then, I would be seriously running out of time.

We see our FS in 6 weeks time so I'll ask him what the waiting list is like at our clinic. Our Clinic has its own sperm bank - hopefully the waiting list is not 2 years....

Many thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, noticed this post is very old but if anyone still around, hope you got your bfps? Had 1st round of IVF, 8 eggs collected, only 4 mature all ICSI but none fertilised , going for another round soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Booboo78

I'm really sorry to hear you first round didn't go very well. Hopefully your numbers will improve next time. I had 8 eggs collected in my first round and only 1 fertilised, so I very nearly could have had none also. However, in my 2 following stim cycles we got 7 and 8 eggs of which 3 fertilised each round. There are lots of different protocols and everybody responds differently so hopefully you find what works for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply Maggieme, just so scared of it happening again, they r uping my dose next round from 200 to 250 (puregon) and will be on synarel spray instead of orgalutron. They are also adding calcium to the sperm/egg to hopefully assist with fertilisation. How have your protocols changed? did they try the calcium with you? Ive also heard of something called Polscope? not sure if my clinic does it, but found an interesting read - http://nextgenfertility.com.au/how-w...ents/polscope/ or HA-ICSI - http://www.bubtree.com.au/In-Vitro-F...-for-ICSI.aspx. Hope you get your BFP soon, r u starting another cycle anytime soon? gl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Booboo, I only just realised it was you I was chatting to about fert rates a month ago, sorry! Hopefully someone else can give you some fresh information on fert rates.

I had a big long chat to my fs after the last round failed. We are making a couple of changes next round. We are going to use Elonvva instead of gonal f which is delivered in one injection on day 2 only. So you get one big hit at the start which tapers off over the week. We are going to try orgalutran from day 9 instead of synarel which I've used on all previous cycles.

We are also going to transfer 2 embyros if we have 2, as previously our excess embryos haven't been good enough to freeze, so they have effectively been wasted.

Thanks for the links, I'm going to print them off to ask my fs about them. I asked her about calcium last time but i think she misunderstood my question so better if i have something to show her. I'm with a smaller clinic (City Fertility Clinic Melbourne) and I'm not sure if they do these things. My fs told me all the clinics use the same technology but I'm not convinced.

My next cycle will start in the first week of September, how about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    that's right I just went back on an older post and noticed that. Sorry to hear of this one failing , hope this next one is it for u. Im just starting with the synarel, how did u find using it? When u got to ET on previous cycles was it a 3 day transfer or 5? I have also started taking DHEA, r u taking anything extra? they say it can help wth Egg Nos and quality. Yes def ask about the calcium, hopefully it will work better for us. Waiting for AF to show, prob a week away, have to then book in to start IVF so will have CD20 apt, and then start following cycle, so will be early Oct start date, cant come quick enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    found an interesting read, see the case study too - http://fertilitylabinsider.com/2010/...fertilization/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the slow response Booboo, I have been on holidays. How is the Synarel going? I didn't have any issues with it, except that it tastes awful when it goes down your nose into your throat! Sounds like you are doing a long cycle, is it a pill down cycle? I did one of those the first round but since then we have skipped that part and started injections from day 2 or 3 of my natural cycle as it didn't seem to help. Was it your FS who recommend DHEA? I am only on folic and vitamin D (FS recommended as I have slightly low levels). I am seeing an accupuncturist tomorrow for the first time so will see what she recommends, I am a bit of a sceptic about alternative medicine, but figure I have nothing to lose. Our first cycle was day 3 transfer as we only had one embryo, and other 2 fresh cycles were day 5 as we had 3 embryos. This time we are doing a 2nd day transfer with 2 embryo's if all goes well. Today is day 1 so I start on the elonva tomorrow, first scan next Wednesday