User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support and payments from centrelink

Does Grant need to be paying child support for me to get single parent payment off Centrelink and also, do we have to go through CSA or can he just pay me privatly like put money into my bank account or give me money each month/week or whatever?

Thankyou.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have to make a claim to receive full family tax benefit A & B but not for the parenting payment. You can choose to collect privately after you put a claim through though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    you need to get an assesment from CSA but how the money is actually paid to you is up to you

centrelink will only pay the base rate of any entitlements if you do not get an assesment done

ring the family section or look on the website its all explained well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much is the base rate compared to if I was getting child support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    How much is the base rate compared to if I was getting child support?
    I'm not sure but I think you get about $200 less per fortnight.. Considering the PPS and FTB are already hard to survive on that is a lot.

Why are you not wanting to claim child support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not that I don't want to but I am moving out for a little while, me and Grant aren't going to break up just take a break for a while so still be together just not live together and was wondering if/how much single parent payment I can get and not have him pay child support while we're technically still in a relationship (but not living together) cos I don't think it's fair on him. I am happy if he was to pay me privatly and agree on an ammout we're both happy with each week/fortnight like maybe $100 or something.

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award

Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    Its not that I don't want to but I am moving out for a little while, me and Grant aren't going to break up just take a break for a while so still be together just not live together and was wondering if/how much single parent payment I can get and not have him pay child support while we're technically still in a relationship (but not living together) cos I don't think it's fair on him. I am happy if he was to pay me privatly and agree on an ammout we're both happy with each week/fortnight like maybe $100 or something.
    Hun if you are in a relationship you can't get single parenting payment. Well i don't think you can. You have to be actually split up.
    A friend will stick up for you and calm you down when your mad....... but a best friend will skip alongside you with a shovel giggling "someones gonna get it!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuchsia! View Post
    Hun if you are in a relationship you can't get single parenting payment. Well i don't think you can. You have to be actually split up.
    you can, as long as you dont reside at the same place and stuff. I was on it while hubby sorted his crap out, he lived with his mum, i stayed in our house.

We were together for sometime as boyfriend/girlfriend too, again i lived at my own place, him at his.

You have to be independant though IYKWIM, like cant be paying each others bills and whatnot.

With us, i payed mine, he paid his. He paid board to his mum, i paid my own rent. He stayed over a couple of nights and i also stayed at his house once a week.
    DD1 14, DD2 8, DS 7, DS2 (Our Angel), DD3 3

Breast feeding, co sleeping, babywearing,BLW, TT, vaxxer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and you need 1-2 non family members to confirm you situation.
    It will take at least 14 days for your pay to be changed from PPP to SPP, they will backdate from the day you move...IF you tell them straight away, you will also need to see CS to see how much you are entitled to but you can have a private arrangement.
    DD1 14, DD2 8, DS 7, DS2 (Our Angel), DD3 3

Breast feeding, co sleeping, babywearing,BLW, TT, vaxxer