+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi There,

DF and I have had photos done by pixie photos when i was pregnant with dd. They took heaps of photos but the only problem is when they give you a free photo they normally only let you choose out of 2 pictures which were horrible compaired to any of the other photos we had taken. DF and I was going to buy extra photos to have around the house etc as you could tell i was pregnant in the photos and they were lovely pictures with DF touching/rubbing my belly. But the lady said the photos we wanted we had to pay $1,800 so we didnt get them then she was trying to get us to layby the photos but we had to give her a depoist of $1,000.. If i was you look around for some other places in your area to go to. We are having a professional photos done soon with pixie photos but thats only cause when i gave birth to DS the hospital gave me a gift card to use on family photos so im just using that up. If i could i would be going somewhere else

try these guys they have great offers on sometimes and are a little cheapier then pixie photos http://www.portraitplace.com.au
    Last edited by mummy2lilly; 03-03-2010 at 12:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I must have been lucky. I loved the photos we got and thought the service was good. I just wasn't keen on the price and thought it was just me being stingy.

We had family photos done with an independent guy when I was 19. The sitting cost a fortune, the guy was rude as and the photos were the same old tired poses that everyone does. Then he wanted to charge us a mint for each photo. So not worth it IMO and I think it turned me off.

Last time we had Pixi's done we went to one of the fixed studios and it was wonderful. DS was free to play around and the photographer took a real shining to him. The photos come out fantastic and really natural. Nothing overly posed and I love them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by mummy2lilly View Post
    Hi There,

DF and I have had photos done by pixie photos when i was pregnant with dd. They took heaps of photos but the only problem is when they give you a free photo they normally only let you choose out of 2 pictures which were horrible compaired to any of the other photos we had taken. DF and I was going to buy extra photos to have around the house etc as you could tell i was pregnant in the photos and they were lovely pictures with DF touching/rubbing my belly. But the lady said the photos we wanted we had to pay $1,800 so we didnt get them then she was trying to get us to layby the photos but we had to give her a depoist of $1,000.. If i was you look around for some other places in your area to go to. We are having a professional photos done soon with pixie photos but thats only cause when i gave birth to DS the hospital gave me a gift card to use on family photos so im just using that up. If i could i would be going somewhere else

try these guys they have great offers on sometimes and are a little cheapier then pixie photos http://www.portraitplace.com.au
    Portrait place is actually the same mob as Pixi.

But WOW $1800.....I've only ever paid a max of $350 and that was 6 full sets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys,I will steer clear of them.
    I was just throwing round the idea of getting photos done cause my son is 6 months old and I have never taken him to get his photo taken (only one for a baby comp in the paper and one with santa)and he looks shocking in both!

I already regret not getting any done when he was first born

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma Tissy View Post
    Portrait place is actually the same mob as Pixi.

But WOW $1800.....I've only ever paid a max of $350 and that was 6 full sets.

Gee you got yours cheap. I think this time ill be sussing out the prices lol. I think for memory it was that dear is because there was 2-3 really big ones. ( Sorry its not to clear got them done nearly 2 years go)

I didnt know portrait place was the same as pixi. Df and i Got some pictures done last year there and they were cheaper i found. But i know it goes on area to sometimes.

Also i think the prices for our photos was going to be so dear is because they didnt have any offers on at the time which helps with prices.

If you dont mind me asking how big was your 6 sets? Im just asking as we have a sitting soon and just trying to set a budget with how much i should spend..

Thanks
    Reviews
    they're expensive for what they do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    From memory there were 4 of the wallet size ones, one the same size as all 4 wallet ones together (IYKWIM, they were joined as one sheet) then one each in the next two sizes. That's what they refer to as a set. The biggest being an 8x10 inch photo. Then of cause there was the free 10x13 inch.

This was 3.5 years (nearly 4 years actually) ago so the prices may have gone up but $1800 sound a bit too much. They of cause quoted $600 odd the first time and when I ummed and arhhed they reduced the price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma Tissy View Post
    From memory there were 4 of the wallet size ones, one the same size as all 4 wallet ones together (IYKWIM, they were joined as one sheet) then one each in the next two sizes. That's what they refer to as a set. The biggest being an 8x10 inch photo. Then of cause there was the free 10x13 inch.

This was 3.5 years (nearly 4 years actually) ago so the prices may have gone up but $1800 sound a bit too much. They of cause quoted $600 odd the first time and when I ummed and arhhed they reduced the price.
    That isnt to bad. I just found the quote for them it was 1,785 for the photos we wanted.
    Theres 3 real big ones, and 3 sets and 2 10x13 inch photos for our family.
    I still remember the lady that gave us the quote she kept having to ask someone how to use the computer and ask for the prices so she may have stuffed up some where and gave us that quote when it could have be cheaper ( Something ill never know ) I kept the piece of paper for the quote as i was ment to think about buying them over night but i must of just put it away in my folder and forgot about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got conned when DD was 3 months old or so, with another company.

My dad is a photographer in Penrith, and I tell them that when they hound me now! If they approach me as soon as I say 'my dad's a photographer' they back right off - probably because I know exactly what sort of rip off those places are, lol. But obviously - why would I pay stupid prices when I can get pics done for free? My friends get mates rates through him too (he's done a couple of their weddings, gives them copyright rights so they can make cheap copies too) so they tend to say that when they get accosted.

Anyway for those who get harrassed, try that next time - say someone close (parent, spouse etc) is a photographer, and watch them run lol especially if it's the boss person over the regular sales girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasmel View Post
    Thanks guys,I will steer clear of them.
    I was just throwing round the idea of getting photos done cause my son is 6 months old and I have never taken him to get his photo taken (only one for a baby comp in the paper and one with santa)and he looks shocking in both!

I already regret not getting any done when he was first born

hey hun not sure if u saw my post on the 1st page but did u want some deets to a great photographer that is cheap ??