User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default MACA capsules/powder

Just a questions for those who have/are taking maca, how long did it take to shorten/regulate your cycles?
    And if you were taking it to shorten your cycles, how long were they and what did it reduce it to??

I have only started taking it a fortnight ago, and i was playing around with FF this morning and if i get the same temp tomorrow as i did today, it will confirm O was on Saturday - if thats the case it will mean its 10 days earlier than last month.... I didnt think it would shorten it that quickly and by that much.

I have had faint lines on OPK today and yesterday, but i didnt test on Saturday at all.
    I think ill keep BD'ing and using OPK until im certain that O has passed.

I thought i O'd on CD15 last month, but then FF changed it to CD23 - but now its changed back to CD15 for some reason....

thanks chicky babes

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is this maca stuff? I guess it is something like vitex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah its another herbal supplement - meant to do the same thing, I think you can get it from Health food shops- but a gf gave me mine, I think she got it from http://www.menstruation.com.au/shop/...?categoryid=21.

tastes much worse than the vitex, and i take the capsules, i can only imagine how yuko the powder must be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Tara
    My cycle shortened heaps while taking maca, but as you know i havent gotten a BFP yet
    You will soon, i just know it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't tell if it shortened my cycles cause I ended up getting a BFP.
    Might have been coincidence, may not have been.

Doesn't hurt to take it anyway, it's great for lots of things other than just fertility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried taking Maca - but both times I got really sick - it made me get the worst tummy pains and vomiting - I tried again last week incase it was a coincidence - but it made me sick again .... bumma! So I am taking a multi, E and zinc instead. I would recommend doing a zinc tally test for anyone ttc - zinc is really important for male and female fertility. There is lots of zinc in maca! Good luck Tara - hope it's a BFP for you soon (& the rest of us )
    Me and DH
    And our little men 20/08/07 and 04/03/2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've started taking it this moth TJ - and I have no idea if its worked at shortening things. If you look at my chart FF thinks I ovulated on CD23 this month, which would be 2 days longer than last - but I have been travelling around and not sleeping so well so I also think it may have been earlier - or not even yet - it just doesn't feel like I have.

I even took a HPT this morning, after my sister said got thrush at 4 weeks with her PGs, and I got a small case at around 4 weeks, and thought maybe that dip on CD12 was O . . . by BFN, not surprised though.

Soo with me the jury is out, I have heard that it can take anything from 2 weeks to a few months - only AF or the BFP will tell.

How many capsules are you taking - I'm taking 2 a day?
    Bolli

#1 EDD May 19 2007

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have always had a regular 28 day cycle, and when i started taking macca, it actually lengthened my cycle by 5 days!

I think its different for everybody maybe?
    Emma 30 & DH 30
    DD 1 - 3rd Dec 08
    DS 1 - 10th May 10
    I live by faith, not by sight

Number two is here in the form of a bouncing 10pnd BOY!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have started taking the powder this cycle, it was disgusting on it's own but I baked it in some cookies and it is yum. Just eat two cookies a day. I think if you takes the capsules, the girl at the health shop said that you should take around 5-6 a day half in the morning and half at night. I googled macca and ait said that it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months for the macca to take affect. If you look at my chart I 'o' the same day this cycle as I did last cycle so maybe I am one that it will take some time to get the benefits. I believe it will work though. My DH takes it too.
    Sami 37
    DH 41
    DD #1 born 24/6/97 - 14
    DD #2 born 20/6/2011 - 14 Weeks :
    m/c 24/12/04
    ttc since sep 2003, concieved Oct 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey babybug,
    Thanks for the advice, I'm only taking two capsules a day - that's all the in store naturapath recommended. Maybe I'll up it next month.

I notice you O'd with no really obvious temp increase - that's a little reassuring for me this cycle. If you don't mind my asking is that normal for you and have you ever looked into it?
    Bolli

#1 EDD May 19 2007