+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazza86 View Post
    Well I showered, always a good start. Today was a bit of a "plaster a smile on your face" kinda day. I ended up going to bed for a nap just to try to speed the day, so I can just get another on over with. So far so good!
    That's me, I wake up every day just to get through another day.

My kids and dh are off to visit his family but I just can't bare to be around people. I will be home alone tonight which kind of makes me sad.

Reminds me my life really is on hold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I actually found myself feeling angry today about my situation and everything ive lost. I also found myself talking to my baby alot today which i suppose is a good thing. I kept telling him that everything would be alright and somewhere deep inside i know that it will be but i only know that because of my long battle with depression and i know that with help things do get better over time.

Aquamarine- i remember when i got the 1:20 result for DS i couldnt even be around other kids i was so devastated. I locked myself in my room for days crying and i couldnt talk to anyone. i distanced myself from the baby for weeks because i felt like i wasnt allowed to love him anymore.I understand why its so hard to be around other people especially when u do have to fake a happy face but really feel for you being home alone sad. Is there anything that you can do that will cheer u up a bit while your alone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not really sure wat to say. I am 24 weeks pregnant and have been feeling really down and alone alot lately. I have gud and bad days! I never had this with my daughter. I hate being at home, even for half a day. Wen i am i feel alone and like no one cares. Like y aren't ppl texting or calling me to see how I am? Is that crazy? I go to a playgroup which is a gud excuse to get out and have been trying to b busy 24/7, but as soon as I am home it's all over. Being busy all the time with a 3 yr old and being preggers is wearing me out! I am so exhusted and ppl keep telling me to rest, but I'm scared that wen I rest and am home the feelings of loneliness creep back up. My husband kinda jus thinks I'm being silly, doesn't understand how sh*t I really feel. I don't feel hate towards my baby or anything like that, but me in myself I jus feel like sh*t. Like I'm not worth the phone call to see how I'm going. I feel if I take to someone about it they mite think I'm insane. It is really abnormal for me to feel like this as I'm normally really together and have a gud self estem.

I'm so glad I found this thread!!!! I think u ladies are jus wat I need rite now. Chatting to ppl that get me, makes me feel less alone and crazy lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aliyah's mum I fully understand how you feel.
    The loneliness really sucks.
    I too, hate being at home lonely but then I can't stand being out with people and I also feel a bit nauseous too, which I can't stand. Hopefully that will change after the first trimester.
    I have had a really bad day today. I have been teary most of the day and feeling like noone understands. I know I have many people around me that do care though but I just don't want to bring them down with me.
    I am starting to think that I need to see someone.
    There is a history of depression in my family but I just never ever thought I would be one of them as I have always been fine until now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's always worth going to see someone, even though it's a bit hypocritical because I still haven't?! I'm hoping too soon, but in truth I can't be bothered or motivated doing much of anything, so it may take a while.

I find I welcome the lonliness actually, so I guess we are all a bit different like that. I've unplugged my house phone because I got tired of hearing it ring. My mobile is on silent all the time, I hear it vibrate but that's it, and I tend to ignore calls and stick with text messaging anyway. I am such a social recluse!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls
    How is everyone today?

I wanted to share something positive:
    You may recall a previous post where i asked what are we all doing to feel better, even if its just a temporary fix...well, one thing I do is to walk in the sun. The other thing I tried was to have a long hot relaxing shower (thanks to whoever posted that one, lol).

So, this weekend, I had one good day and one bad day....I had a good day on Saturday because I had walked everyday previously in the sun, and I started my day with the LONGEST shower in the world, lol. I felt good!!!
    But on sunday I felt like cr@p, and what do you know, I didnt walk in the sun the day before, and I didnt shower until 6pm that evening....hmmm interesting!

So, doing little things really can make a difference. tbh when i first got told to get some sunshine, I kinda rolled my eyes and went "yeah whatever" but its working!and tbh the only reason I started doing it was because DD was insisting on going out in the pram, poor thing...so I had to force myself to get up and do it for her sake...ANd the relaxing shower is like popping a happy pill for a few hours, lol.

Not much, but its something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    halloweenmum - I agree it does the world of good. Some days it is just hard to drag yourself out in to the world.

Today I had a lovely day by the sea and I feel much better. My nausea settled down a bit today which is great. I think that awful sick feeling is a big part of my problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hope you are all doing okay today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello!
    I'm 25, have a 4 year old daughter and 11 yo ss that lives with us and am 18 weeks pregnant. I have suffered depression on and off since i was 16. When i fell pregnant i weaned off anti d's but in the last month or so I have been horrible, snapping at liv, at my partner, crying all the time. It finally got to the stage where i thought bugger it I'm going to the doctors, I knew it was the start of things to come. My doctor put me on zoloft so hopefully that will help. We are also having money issues at the moment and i'm stressing so much about going back to work after baby isborn. I really wanted atleast 7 months off but that may not be possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shell -
    Hi and welcome Glad to hear youre braver than some of us who are still too chicken to speak up at the doctors I hear you about financial issues, they can really weigh down heavily on you and make the depression harder, hugs to you

And to everyone else:
    Ok where are you all, get your butts over here, lol stop hiding in the corner being unsociable, oh ok how about we all hide in the same corner together then
    I hope everyone is doing well taking one day at a time

As for me:
    I have been doing pretty darn well.....until today. I got some devestating finanical news which means DH and I are now forced to sell our home. Its completely taken over my mental state and Im spiralling down quite bad today now. I hope when DH gets home from work we can come up with a plan that is a positive one so I can work on feeling good again. Dont you just love being up and down like a freakin Yo-Yo, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shellandliv84 View Post
    Hello!
    I'm 25, have a 4 year old daughter and 11 yo ss that lives with us and am 18 weeks pregnant. I have suffered depression on and off since i was 16. When i fell pregnant i weaned off anti d's but in the last month or so I have been horrible, snapping at liv, at my partner, crying all the time. It finally got to the stage where i thought bugger it I'm going to the doctors, I knew it was the start of things to come. My doctor put me on zoloft so hopefully that will help. We are also having money issues at the moment and i'm stressing so much about going back to work after baby isborn. I really wanted atleast 7 months off but that may not be possible
    Hi and welcome! Having a bub is such a big adjustment. It seems like there is never a 'perfect' time to have a baby. We all know other things come up including money, work, family. It is hard and when you already feel emotional being pregnant it magnifies the worries even more. I hope the medication helps you. I cry a lot too so I know how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenmum View Post
    Shell -
    Hi and welcome Glad to hear youre braver than some of us who are still too chicken to speak up at the doctors I hear you about financial issues, they can really weigh down heavily on you and make the depression harder, hugs to you

And to everyone else:
    Ok where are you all, get your butts over here, lol stop hiding in the corner being unsociable, oh ok how about we all hide in the same corner together then
    I hope everyone is doing well taking one day at a time

As for me:
    I have been doing pretty darn well.....until today. I got some devestating finanical news which means DH and I are now forced to sell our home. Its completely taken over my mental state and Im spiralling down quite bad today now. I hope when DH gets home from work we can come up with a plan that is a positive one so I can work on feeling good again. Dont you just love being up and down like a freakin Yo-Yo, lol.
    Hi Halloweenmum I am really sorry you had such bad news. As I said problems are even more magnified when you are emotional, down and pregnant. Is there a financial advisor or someone who can help you out? Give you some good advice.
    It is such a roller coaster ride. Up, down, up down.
    I hope things can get sorted for you.

I have been up and down but mostly up in the last few days which is good. I went and had some acupressure and emotional healing done yesterday and it helped a lot. I am also feeling a bit better in regards to the nausea so fingers crossed it is fading now.

It' s a great support on here, when there are some posts lol Happy vibes to all