+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When DD was a bub she would start in the bassinette next to the bed then when she woke during the night for a feed she would come in with us she was usually just attached to the boob and when she stirred again id swap sides although i did quite often sleep with her on my chest which i loved!!! when she moved into the cot in her own room it was very much the same even when i changed to formula at 6 months. When she stopped her night feeds she would wake crying most nights and i eventually took the side off her cot after i didnt hear her crying one night and she got to the point where she vomited She did start sleeping through for quite some time but now most nights she'll come into our bed about 3 or 4 and go straight back to sleep most nights i dont even hear her. I'm pretty sure we'll be doing this for number 2 whenever it happens. DH loves that DD is in our bed and has always wanted to be the one she cuddles into although one of the nights this wk DD was very unsettled and couldnt get comfy (pretty sure she was half asleep) and both DH and I got arms and legs and even her head in our faces which annoyed DH lol but that is only a VERY rare occasion and i think in this one her excma was playing up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle040510 View Post
    Our room in this house is ALOT bigger and has a BIG Wardrobe which is a big part of our room, maybe I will try bubs in there As the other rooms are a fair distance away. Hmmm now you ladies got me thinkin

Ha! For a minute I thought you meant you were going to put the baby in the wardrobe to sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nugglyboysmum View Post

I quite enjoy sleeping with DS but DH hates it, so it causes issues with us.

We have decided that the next bub will not be sleeping in our bed ever. The next bub will be sleeping in a baby hammock in our room for the first 12 months, then will go into another bedroom. I have yet to put this theory to the test though, but im hoping to be tough enough not to co sleep again.
    My DS was in an amby natures nest hammock until he was 5.5 months old, i had to take him out of it though because he started sitting unassisted at that age and learned to crawl so it was no longer safe for him to be in it since he theoretically could climb out of it, the transition to a cot has not been easy but i dont know if this is because he was used to the hammock or not, either way i dont think ill use the hammock again for the next bub, ill get a cradle that is a miniature version of the cot so that the transition wont be to different

I co sleep with my DS most nights, some nights he wont come into bed until 5.30am most nights its about 2-3am but other nights like last night he is in with us from the start
    I sleep with DS either on my chest or in the crook of my arm, he likes to hug me with his legs and arms when he is asleep in the crook of my neck, im like his own personal body pillow lol, i quite like having him in with us so does DF, last night he slept through which was nice for me because getting up ever 1.5 hours and trying to put him back into his cot (which is next to my bed) is just to hard when your half asleep.
    its also nice to see his smiling face looking up at me when he wakes up and on weekends when DF is still in bed with us, he climbs all over us and its so cute, often if DS is asleep on my chest i often wake up to a face right in mine with ds smiling his head off dribbling all over my face.
    i love having DS so close to me, my only concern is that he wont ever leave our bed but to be honest i really wouldnt mind him in my bed when he is 4 years old, but each to their own, i still try and start him off in his cot most nights and if i have the energy ill try resettle him in there first before bringing him in with me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We co-slept here for a little while

The bassinet was next to the bed up until he was about 5 months, until basically he outgrew it.

But, he would come into bed with me sometimes. And yes, BF lying down in bed was soooo much easier, and I would fall asleep whilst doing it.

Your body know's not to squash the baby! It know's there is something there.

He's also been in with me recently as well, as he has been ill. So for example, he wakes at 3.30 and nothing will make him go back to sleep, so I bring him in with me and he'll sleep thru til the morning. However, he has no qualms about sleeping back in his own bed the next night.

Just an interesting fact you may all like to know, there are no reported cases of SIDS in thirdworld countries, or in countries where co-sleeping is the norm.

My midwife pointed out a very interesting fact to me the day after I had DS......

We are the only species on the planet who stick their offspring in a seperate room away from you when they need to sleep........

Says it all really doesn't it

On saying all this, it's not everyones' cup of tea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We never planned on Co - sleeping and never once did it with DD1 but DD2 has been such a bad sleeper that some nights it the only why we will get sleep we only do it part time (she normally comes into our bed about the 3am feed) and sleeps on my side of the bed in the crook of my arm - I personally think its the nicest feeling in the world - i love snuggling her and she loves it to. I regret not doing it with DD1.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    :skywriter: nawww these co sleeping experiences makes me feel fuzzy

im off to bed to snuggle up to DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a few issues with our bub sleeping through the night and finally decided to bring her into the bed.

The first couple of nights were a bit difficult as we didnt want to expect and were scared of rolling on top of her. It all worked out and she is now sleeping through and we have gotten her to sleep in her cot now as well.

For us there was a small training process with everything we tried to do. You just have to try and hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Co-Sleeping?

Quote Originally Posted by moozle View Post
    There are some things in baby shops designed for co-sleeping. It's like a padded barrier so that you can't really roll onto bub but you have to put bub between you. Something like this http://www.babydelight.com/images/dsn_header.jpg
    I have one of these and it was pretty good but did take up quite a bit of the bed.