+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Chrissie,
    If you had the time I would love to get some info about the surrogacy agency you used in India - I am just starting the process and think I'm going to need all the help we can get! I found your forum posts really useful. Thanks for your time,
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by donnie1973 View Post
    Hi

We chose surrogacy in India over the US really because of price as primary consideration, as we knew some couples were paying well over $100k, whereas India is $30k - $35k per successful attempt. If you fail to have a pregnancy, you lose about $5k in India each attempt.

Very very good program, if you choose the reputable clinics. Never get influenced to go with some of the b grade clinics that are appearing and promoting $20k...you know there is ordinary standards and no ethical or responsibility and a high risk of losing your money.

We have had 2 babies now with the one clinic in Mumbai, with 2 attempts, thus 100% success rate. This is not the norm, but, the success rates are very high I have to say, as I know so many couples with babies and pregnancies happening...probably 50% of couples I know who have commenced the program have pregnancies or had their baby now.

We shipped per air transport our embryos from Aust to Mumbai. $2500 to do this.

Adoption..forget it. I read an article yesterday, to confirm what I have suspected for a year or so....10% chance now to actually adopt a baby inter country in Aust. Foster parents now seems to be the option to consider and I think in some cases, this may lead to an adoption opportunity. (correct me if I am wrong).

If you want precise info. happy to assist....send a private message and I will reply with the info. you will require to become properly informed.

Regards

Chrissie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chrissie,

Thanks so much for your informative reply's.
    My husband and i are also interested in what you have managed to complete, have our own family.
    We have been trying to conceive since Oct 08 and have completed several different measures to fall pregnant naturally before completing 2 unsuccessful IVF attempts, mainly due to my endometriosis, and the embryo not being able to stay in the uterus long enough to attach.
    We have just started the process of looking into possible surrogacy, but there seems to be so much beurocracy here is Oz to do it, we are now looking at doing offshore, possibly India, as my husbands parents are actually Indian, so it seems right.
    Not sure if you still check this post, but if you do and if you ever have some spare time, I would love to get some info about your surrogacy, how you went about it etc and the agency you used in India. So that we could maybe look at doing surrogacy, instead of more months of IVF(icsi) here is Oz.
    My email is theresesloane@hotmail.com if you would like to send me an email anytime with some further info, on the steps you took to getting your little angels.
    Thanks so much for any info you can provide us both.
    Therese

Quote Originally Posted by donnie1973 View Post
    Hi

We chose surrogacy in India over the US really because of price as primary consideration, as we knew some couples were paying well over $100k, whereas India is $30k - $35k per successful attempt. If you fail to have a pregnancy, you lose about $5k in India each attempt.

Very very good program, if you choose the reputable clinics. Never get influenced to go with some of the b grade clinics that are appearing and promoting $20k...you know there is ordinary standards and no ethical or responsibility and a high risk of losing your money.

We have had 2 babies now with the one clinic in Mumbai, with 2 attempts, thus 100% success rate. This is not the norm, but, the success rates are very high I have to say, as I know so many couples with babies and pregnancies happening...probably 50% of couples I know who have commenced the program have pregnancies or had their baby now.

We shipped per air transport our embryos from Aust to Mumbai. $2500 to do this.

Adoption..forget it. I read an article yesterday, to confirm what I have suspected for a year or so....10% chance now to actually adopt a baby inter country in Aust. Foster parents now seems to be the option to consider and I think in some cases, this may lead to an adoption opportunity. (correct me if I am wrong).

If you want precise info. happy to assist....send a private message and I will reply with the info. you will require to become properly informed.

Regards

Chrissie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sophie

Do you think all of the babies come from women who don't want them in local adoptions?

Chelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    who dont want them??

Its not a matter of not wanting the baby, its more a matter of what is BEST for baby and what is happening in said womans life.

Ive not heard of an adoption where a woman doesn't 'want' a baby..thats what abortions are for...you choose to carry a baby, go through all the stuff involved and then willingly give it up for its best interests, I would say they are very much wanted...

Excuse me for being slightly offended by this comment...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sophie11 For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (10-10-2013),Twocam  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I totally agree Sophie, thank you. It's brilliant to hear from a birthmother's perspective

My children were adopted (from overseas) a little older (4yo and almost-6) and in both cases were very much loved and adored. Both had terminally ill birthmothers, neither had a birthfather on the scene. For complicated reasons their extended families were not able to take on their care and they ended up in orphanages. However their extended birthfamilies were thrilled to have contact re-established once the children were old enough to make that decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    thats lovely twocam

I bet the birthfamilies were also very grateful for the kids to have a wonderful life as well

If adoption is done right the babies best interests should always be the ones thought of first.

It was adoption that led me down the path I take now being a surrogate...the amazing joy and love and happiness a baby brought to a lovely couple.

Congrats also on your pregnancy, i bet the kids are excited to have a baby sibling!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in Queensland Australia, my wife and I have completed lucky 13 IVF treatments. Could anyone advise on who we need to speak to in relation to adopting. I have spoken to our local doctor which advised to Mater Childrens hospital, they said they have no idea. Queensland Fertility Group which we have done our treatments through said they have no idea, however liked taking our money.

I am at a loss on where to go. Looking for some help please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Donnie1973

Could you please let us know the name of the clinic in Mumbai from where you got the surrogacy done. We are based in Sydney Australia. Please email us on itsachamma@yahoo.com

Regards