+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There are lots of great public schools, and, as always, some not so good ones. The above schools mentioned are good. Also as is Abermein (if you're going towards the Kurri kurri area). I'm not sure about Wallsend...i know the high school has a bad reputation. Also, where I live, the 2 schools in Mayfield arn't very desirable. As with most area's usually the higher the socio ecomomic status of that area means a 'better' (I don't like using that word) school.No matter where you go there will always be wonderful teachers and there will always be bully kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roopee View Post
    New Lambton South Public School is awesome! It's a state school, with around 350 kids. It's small and the kids all know each other, the teachers all know the kids names, it has a nice atmosphere.
    It is a fantastic learning environment.

New Lambton has some great streets, parks and is generally an wonderful suburb...we bought here 7 years ago because of that school. I also have a friend who has just rented a house so she can be in zone for that school- it really si fantastic.

Welcome to Newcastle (when you get here)
    New lambton sth is a good school and also new lambton public both did well according to the myschool site, some other good schools are...

merewether
    hamilton sth
    newcastle east
    the junction
    tighes hill..... these are all public schools in the inner city of newcastle I'm not sure about other areas take a look at the myschool website to get some more info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, it is finally all falling into place! After spending a long weekend in Newcastle looking for houses we are now happy to move to Lambton (or New Lambton Gardens as they call it, on the edge of the John Hunter Hospital forest) next month. So I kinda know which schools are in the area. Does anyone know about Lambton Public school? Doesn't rate to well on MySchool site...
    Maybe better to request an interview for New Lambton Public School? St John's Primary?
    What are your thoughts?
    Cheers,
    Dorien

Thanks
    Reviews
    The best private schools in Newcastle are Newcastle Grammar and Hunter Valley Grammar by a mile. Steer clear of Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College, they have a new Principal who is terrible, zero social skills and an inability to communicate with the school community. BTAC's science results alone are reason enough to go nowhere near this school.