+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your previous son......my heart goes out to you and your husband...

you letter is very well written and I hope you get some answers and help others not to have to suffer like you have done..you are a very brave and wonderful mother, that through your grief, you are trying to help others...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Wow, what a horrible ordeal.

Are you in NSW? Can you tell me which hospital?

I had the exact same procedure done with my twins, who were born exactly 1 year ago today I was admitted to hospital and given my own room.

I think it's disgusting that nobody explained anything to you.

Everything you mentioned, from birth certificate only being issued after 20 weeks or at a certain weight, the process of the procedure, what my babies would look like, discussions of what we wanted to happen to their bodies and options we had for them, counselling, was all explained to us by the hospital staff. They asked us if we wanted a priest to bless our babies, they took photos and hand and footprints and made a memory book for us, including weight and length etc. We got given 2 teddies on departure and the midwife's number to contact her on if we needed anything after we left.

It was obviously not a nice time, but the hospital and the staff made it as easy on us as possible.

Sorry they weren't as helpful for you

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks for the lovely replies ladies.

Lozza this was a Qld hospital involved.

I sent my letters off at around 1pm today & have had 3 phone calls this afternoon the first one being at 2.30pm. both local MPs are in Brisbane for parliament today but took time out to call me to say they had read through my letter & they were sorry for the ordeal we went through & were extremely grateful for how honest I was in my letter etc.

The MP I directed this letter to wanted to forward my letter straight to the Qld health minister to ask for a formal investigation to be done to find out what policies are in place. We will await his formal reply & then the 2 local MP's, myself & hubby will sit down to work out what we would of liked seen to have happened, look at some studies etc & then go back to the Qld health minister to get the ball rolling to get this implemented & put into a formal policy. I'm not sure if they are talking statewide or locally but being taken straight to the Health Minister I'm thinking maybe it will be state wide. I was never expecting such a quick turn around so I'm still spun out lol.

I know I felt I needed something done but it was kind of sitting there wondering if I really had something to complain about.

keziah is offline I am thankful to the Universe for this lesson of patience and know that our child is on its way....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You are an amazing lady and what you have written is nothing short of perfect. You have explained yourself clearly, but not getting too bitter or defensive, you have been fair where it was needed and very assertive. Congrats!! I think you have traveled a very rough road and this should definitely not have happened to you or your family.

I look forward to the follow up and what sort of response you get.

In the meantime, how are you doing in general now hun? Day by day eh... thinking of you xxx Kez xxx

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kez the day to day is still very much up & down but finding that the downs aren't everyday like they were. I'm slowly seeing some light but just remind me of this on a down day

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    sweet - so glad you sent the letters off.

Nothing will bring Jacob back, or make up for the loss and distress you suffered ... but if you can make it just that tiny bit easier for someone else, then it is worth the effort you are going to.

Much love
    :skywriter:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hi Truly

Wow, what a great letter - so brave of you to write. I read with interest because i wrote today to the big boss of my work about some other issues and wondered if it was the right thing to do - it gives me hope that you have been heard!

I am so glad that there has been some action - lets hope there are also some results. I had my d and c for missed miscarriage in the Royal Womens Hospital and had a terrible ordeal - long wait for the emergency theatre, fasting with morning sickness while ladies went in with their husbands for their ceasers - i had to sit with these expectant fathers - not support from any of the midwives - in the end a caring nurse came and sat with me and let me have a little cry - i couldn't have my DH with me and had to sit in a public waiting room waiting for the theatre to be ready. Bled heavily and was admitted and then put with a lady who wouldn't let me be - no testing or anything on the fetus... etc.

I am still on my journey of healing and not quite strong enough but when i am which will be soon, i am hoping that i can do something to help other in the same situation. I am thinking of maybe buying copies of miracle babies each week and sending them to recently bereaved parents to help them heal - i will be donating money while also helping. Not quite sure yet how i can make an impact.

If there is anything that comes up in VIC that you need ambassadors for - let me know!

Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    fantastic news!! i bet you are feeling some relief in that and that the fact they are supporting you!
    U will be expected to have ur low days, your handling a tough situation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautifully written, well done for standing up for yourself. You deserve much much better treatment and care at such a heartbreaking time.

I hope that this letter is treated with the respect that it (and you and DH) deserve and is acted upon.

So sorry for your loss.

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great letter! I am soo glad that they are talking changes and really taking note, as they should. What you went through is just not good enough.
    :skywriter: