+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cheapest place for surrogacy overseas

Hi girls, I'm just starting to have a look at this and wondering if any of you girls would know where the cheapest place overseas is for surrogacy? Is India probably the cheapest? What would we be up for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compared to the USA yes India is cheap for surrogacy. Compared to the UK it is the same price if not more once you factor in the travel costs.

One of the main reasons why patients travel abroad is the availability of surrogates and the peace of mind knowing everything is being looked after properly by the clinic which it is.

Being British we were hampered by laws restricting the amount of embryos plantable into a person. (one or two). On a cost per embryo basis implanting more embryos per treatment would be cheaper, even for us British and this was another good reason why we chose India.
    After 10 surrogacy attempts in India you get wise like what we did! So go for it.

www.oneinsix.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

We went to India for surrogacy, as the US was and still is totally outside the middle income earner's price range. US you pay anything from $150k onwards after all expenses, whereas in India, if you deal with the reputable clinics, you pay approx $30k - $35k.

We had our baby 12 months ago, and are about to go back for the birth of our 2nd bub in the coming weeks. It has been tremendously successful for us, using a well known Mumbai clinic, with each attempt being successful. It is astounding to see how many hundreds of Australians who are now on this journey; I suppose it is a reflection of how poor the adoption (inter country) programs have become, and couples consequently seek other alternatives. Surrogacy is a better option than Adoption in my opinion, as there are far less issues involved, and at least one parent (and both in a lot of cases) is biologically connected to the baby.

If you need more detailed info. let me know

Chrissie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't totally discount the US option. We did this and had great success - with our total costs below 100K. Yes it is still expensive compared to the India option, but I believe it has alot of major benefits, listed below :-

* Excellent support and communcation from ivf and surrogacy clinic.

* 24/7 contact direct with your surrogate. You can spend time and get to know your surrogate. They are afterall carrying your child.

* IP friendly laws. You are regarded as parent all the way through process. Everything is directed to you - the IP.

* Quick process of documents. We had birth certificate and passport all completed within 2 weeks after birth.

msg me if you want more details on the US option.