+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thread crashing. Clexane is subsidised by the govt. $37.70 for 2 boxes. 20 needles.

it depends where u jab it. Anywhere near my belly button sting. After IVF, I was so bloated. The only area that I could jab is on the far left and right of my body. The location is almost the same height as belly button. A lot of fat. Easy to go in and not much sting at all. I don't think it is on the recommended area for injection but I don't think it affects anything. Sometime ppl have to jab on the thigh when they are in their late pregnancy. If it doesn't go in with a minimal pressure, I find a different spot. If u force it in, it will cause bruising.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thread crashing as well.

My GP recently rang and got me a special authorization that meant I got 4 boxes (40 needles) on one prescription so for only $37.70. Maybe worth enquiring about if it can save some money. She also gave me 4 repeats (so about 6 months worth all up).

Also if having trouble injecting I would suggest having a nurse go through the best procedure very carefully. I've taken clexane all up for about 2 years and it used to hurt like hell and bruise me but I'm pretty good at it now - hardly ever stings and don't bruise at all so there is definitely a technique to it.

Wishing you all the best ladies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's really a good deal. 40 needles! Thanks goodness. I am so done with Clexane.

Yes, there is a technique. And it isn't as horrible when I started it on my first cycle. Also, u don't press all the way. I do it slowly. Once all the liquid is in, I pulled it out. No air gets in. Some ppl get the air out first but the instruction says not to do it for whatever reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Yet another crasher!!!!.......

@Tahli You can also try icing the area (ice brick, bag of frozen vege's, ice cubes in a freezer bag etc wrapped up in a tea towel) for a good 3-5 mins before injecting. If it still stings after, just ice it again for a few minutes.

I found this help take the "ouch" factor out of the injections as well as minimises the bruising

Good Luck!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 6 clexane injections so far. The three on my right have left decent bruises, and the 3 on my left, nothing! Must be the angle.

This box of clexane has really large air bubbles in them. I'm having to give it a good flick so the air goes to the top as much as possible, then press a little which means I loose a little fluid before the large bubble disappears. When using clexane in the past, I have not had this problem at all. Strange.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Babyplz For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You do NOT get rid of the air bubble before injecting Clexane - it specifically says this in the instructions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Babyplz The air bubble is meant to be there Luv. This shameless copy @ paste will explain it:

In the glass or plastic casing there is an air bubble which will be floating around, sometimes at the top, sometimes in the middle or at the bottom. On some syringes it is possible to flick the bubble but in most cases this is not necessary. As long as the bubble goes to the top at the plunger end when you turn the syringe up the right way then that is fine. If the bubble gets stuck then you can shake or flick the syringe depending on what type it is. By keeping the bubble at the top when you inject you maximize the amount of Clexane that remains in the body.

It is really important that you fully inject the air bubble as it allows the Clexane to remain in the body, especially if you're injecting into a really fatty area of skin. The bubble in the injection acts as a plug or stopper which is why it needs to go in last. Once all of the Clexane is in then the bubble will stay at the top of the entry site and then when the skin closes back up when the needle is removed it will seal the plug and keep the Clexane in place for the body to absorb and do it's thing.

If for some reason you have some trouble with the bubble during an injection and it just wont go in then don't panic. All you'll need to do is just remove the needle from the skin and put some light pressure on the area by placing a clean tissue and just holding it there. As long as you sit quietly for a few minutes then your body will still be able to utilize the Clexane and do its job.

Hope this helps Luv😊
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-06-2015 at 22:07.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Sunnybambino  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops! I've been doing it wrong then. Thanks for clearing it up as I have to be on them for ages!
    It makes sense as I usually have a drop or two come out of my skin.

Thx again

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyplz For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015),Sunnybambino  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys

thought I'd jump in.

I was tested for the prothrombin / Leiden factor gene and found to be heterozygous.

My FS said I didnt need clexane for my 2 IUI cycles unless i got a BFP.

When I did my first IVF cycle though he had me on it from the day of transfer. I got a BFP. He increased my dose from 40ml to 100ml at about 8weeks. Sadly at 9 weeks we learnt we had lost our bub about 8 and a half weeks. We will try again and no doubt continue with Clexane.

Bugger those needles are fat and difficult to get into the skin though!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to furbabymum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry about your loss furbabymum. I hope you get your sticky bub soon.

I'd be interested to know why your FS increased your dose to 100mg? Was a reason given? It seems like a very high dose. Is that a standard IVF protocol? (I haven't done IVF but have to take it while pregnant so I hope you don't mind me asking).