+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sydney couple looking for a donor...

Hi everyone, thanks for reading my ad.

My wife and I came together in our late thirties and have been trying for a while to start a family together. We live in Sydney, we’re both healthy, we’re really happy together and have rewarding careers. We’ve looked into all the options that are available to us in relation to having a child, we’ve had all of the tests, and it turns out that time has just beaten us unfortunately and the only option we have left is to seek an egg donor.

We’ve thought about this long and hard as we know that it’s not an easy emotional journey, but we’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the right thing for us to do. We’re good people, we’re a good couple, and I’m sure we’ll be good parents together. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to seeing my wife as a mother, she has so much to pass on to any child J

The problem that we have is being in our early forties, there are very few people we know well enough to ask to do this for us who are of the right age themselves.

So, here I am. Hoping that someone will read this and decide that they are able to help us in this journey. If you think you may be able to help, please drop me a line, I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.

Richard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardE View Post
    Hi everyone, thanks for reading my ad.

My wife and I came together in our late thirties and have been trying for a while to start a family together. We live in Sydney, we’re both healthy, we’re really happy together and have rewarding careers. We’ve looked into all the options that are available to us in relation to having a child, we’ve had all of the tests, and it turns out that time has just beaten us unfortunately and the only option we have left is to seek an egg donor.

We’ve thought about this long and hard as we know that it’s not an easy emotional journey, but we’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the right thing for us to do. We’re good people, we’re a good couple, and I’m sure we’ll be good parents together. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to seeing my wife as a mother, she has so much to pass on to any child J

The problem that we have is being in our early forties, there are very few people we know well enough to ask to do this for us who are of the right age themselves.

So, here I am. Hoping that someone will read this and decide that they are able to help us in this journey. If you think you may be able to help, please drop me a line, I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.

Richard
    Hi Richard & welcome to this part of the forum. Have a look around and feel free to look at my posts, so you can see where we are all at on our journeys. There are a few of us who are in your age group on here, the potential information we can share is HUGE and the support is unbeatable.
    I hope to see you around on here one day soon and if you have any questions of other potential recipients please ask us & feel free to pm me. I am sure I speak for others in saying we understand where you and your wife are at and would love to help however we can
    Karen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome Karen, I appreciate the good wishes Any help is much appreciated as it's not a process I knew anything about until we started down this path. I've learnt more about workings of body parts, different legal systems and options for egg donation than I ever thought I'd need to know! And that's both fun and useful, as I don't think I'll ever be able to learn enough to really understand everything!

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Richard welcome! I am only new at this too and am on the opposite side and currently donating my eggs anonymously.

This website, although a little daunting at the start, can be a wonderful way for you to find your Egg Donor (ED) and I wish you and your wife tonnes of luck. It is also a wonderful place to find out information, or just look at other posts from members and they will in turn help you on your journey.

I have got to say, how wonderful it is to see you be proactive in your journey to become parents (what a wonderful husband you must be!) and I am sure it won't be too long before someone pops up to help you out.

I have also found a great website you might like to join. It is Aussie Egg Donors. Donors and recipients alike frequent the sight. So might be worth looking into.

All the very best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info ThreeDucklings.

I have checked out Aussie Egg Donors and while it is a great resource, I think it requires me to post 20 posts before I can advertise. I'm not really sure I have that many things of interest to say on the subject as my questions have been asked and answered before me, and I don't like posting just for the sake of it

Anyway, with any luck we'll find someone here who can help us. We've set ourselves the end of this year as a timeline so we don't feel rushed or pressured to find someone straight away.

I really hope we'll make that connection here in Australia so we can do things with the comforts of our own surroundings and doctors we know etc, but if we don't find someone local able to help us then we always have the option of using the services overseas.

Thanks again for your good wishes, I hope all goes well for you with your egg donation, the couple you're helping are truly lucky to have found you

All the best,

Richard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Richard, I am new to this site, but i have sent you a "visitor message", so hopefully you will be able to access it. If not please post here and I will reply. Kind regards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Richard,
    Just thought I would drop by to see how you are going? Any new developments for you and your lovely partner?
    Karen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello again everyone, I thought it was about time I updated my message. It's been a long time and several things have happened but the basic outcome is that we are still at the same point, we would still love to find a donor.

We did have a donor for a while there, in fact within a month of us starting our search my wife found someone willing to help us, and we started down that path. All was looking good until unfortunately our donor developed a health issue that means she's no longer able to help us. Of course her health is by far the most important thing and we wish her all the best in getting over it, and we thank her for trying to help us until it was apparent she wouldn't be able to.

But, as mentioned at the start, that means we are again hoping to find a donor. I've left it a couple of months before updating on here as I was a little bit deflated. I guess that's just the cycle of trying to have children this way, there are many flat moments along the way but you just know that the ultimate payoff is so worthwhile if you end up getting everything worked out!!

Still, enough introspection for now, the only way to do this is to be positive and just keep trying

If there is anyone out there who would be interested in helping this Sydney based couple have a child we would be eternally grateful and would absolutely love to hear from you. We'd be bringing the child into a loving and stable relationship and a comfortable home.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post.

Richard

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hey

Hi Richard

In the same boat as you guys but just thought I'd say hi as you're use of the word deflation struck home! It's a real rollercoaster of a journey but you just have to go with it. Here's hoping we all find the wonderful donors we're looking for.

Best of luck
    Colek

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your words of encouragement Colek. It's definitely a cycle of emotions that we have to go through. I just hope that we now know everything we need to know as if we'd had complete knowledge at the start of all this we would have been in a position to deal with things more efficiently We'll get there You'll get there If not, it won't be for a lack of trying!!

The other thing I've found with all of this is how close it brings you to your partner, this shared experience, the helping each other through it when one of you is down, the sense of a really worthwhile common goal you're working towards together. Obvioulsy I really hope that it ends in happiness and we have a fantasitic healthy child to show for it, but if not I've really gained more and more appreciation for my wife through this- and I thought she was pretty special when we started

All the best to you too, if ever you need someone to share thoughts and frustrations with who's going to understand where you're coming from, feel free to pm me.

Richard