Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Bubhub Bugle
    Organisers kick planning schedule into top gear

The organisation of the Bubhub Awards ceremony has reached full capacity as event planners from across the country console themselves they they were not chosen to help organise the Night Of Nights.

Entertainment, music, decorations, menu's- it's all under close scrutiny of organisers and not a single detail will go overlooked.

Already organised is a break from the traditional red carpet this year. Instead of regal approach a more modern twist has been implemented. Specially dyed ShamWow's in a deep crimson red are currently being sewed together by Bhuddist monks in Nepal. For those of you who are attending and are heavily pregnant, fear not if your waters break on the red carpet- the ShamWow will just soak it right up.
    It is also a perk for those mother's who have been stuck by their children's sides since birth and are planning on partying it up at the bar. Get a little tipsy and spill your drink? No worries! The ShamWow will save all that embarassment of trying to get the Grasshopper out of your embrioded silk gown whilst trying to fend off rumours that you wet yourself.

As far as catering is concerned, some of the country's best have been called in to duty for your gastronomical delight. Curtis Stone, who will travel back from the US especially for the night will be in charge of the kitchen, but is not too happy about his situation. "I had hoped someone would have actually thought to invite me. Once you look past the nose, I'm not too bad on the eye. But, once it became clear that I wasn't going to be the arm-candy of any Hubber, I put in my application to help cater for the evening, and I'm pleased to say that I beat out Iain "Hewey" Hewitson and that pommy guy from that Fresh Show."

As for the menu, whilst finalisations are yet to be made, rest assured there will be something there for everyone. Administrator Pegasus explains, "We are aware of a wide and varied diet of the bubhubbers. You have your vegans and vegetarians like Chellegoth and Mummabear03, you have your meat lovers like RebekahLeigh and Rosebones, you have your pregnant women with cravings which will make up a large percentage of the night. Which is why, in addition to Curtis and his team working away in kitchen one to a set menu for the evening, we wil actually have another kitchen set aside cooking food to order."

And in case you were wondering- worried about waitstaff for the evening? Wonder no more.

Entertainment is going to be a big part of the evening, and no expense has been spared. Rumoured performers- yet to be confirmed by anyone from the BH camp are Robbie Williams, The Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift and P!nk.

So let the crystal flow from the heavens, as we pop our corks and toast our glasses to the mega-party that is the Bubhub Annual Awards.

Wayne Dwops, Bubhub Bugle snitch.

In other news:
    * Forum Administer veve celebrates 21st birthday today. Who's a jolly good fellow? Social pages, pg 5-8.

* 9 days to go until nominations end and voting begins? Have you been nominated? Only one way to make sure, and that is to nom yourself! pg 10.

* In News Of the World, old postcard found buried under house tells the real story of what happened to Dorothy: "Aunty Em, hate you, hate Kansas, taking the dog, Dorothy." pg 15.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post

In other news:
    * Forum Administer veve celebrates 21st birthday today. Who's a jolly good fellow? Social pages, pg 5-8.

Jen - I keep telling you .... you can only have ONE 21st birthday. Having it 5 years in a row just doesnt cut it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    So Jen is 25 then :skywriter:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't put in my nominations yet, have I still got time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    Yes - Nominations close on Sunday ....

so get your noms in .. TODAY !!!!!!

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    The_Wifey was said to be getting her people to contact Oprah's people to contact Dr Phil's people to contact Dr. Phil himself for an emergency counselling session.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    Bubhub Voice

Well, it seems as if that other disreputable and somewhat unreliable tabloid - the Bubhub Bugle - has gone out of print.

(This reporter has been led to believe that the Mod-itor-in-Chief has been arrested for public indecency - and we do not believe that story about a child escaping from the shower .... running naked and soapy across the childrens playground shouting 'get back here you little minx' is one thing, but climbing the flagpole is quite another)

All is a flutter in modland this week with the competition on who will get to name Myztiks baby!!! Baby M is due to make an appearance soon, and Cmd's Mum and Pegasus are fighting it out with Fugly chipping in with her chosen name of BabyFug.

And after hearing about the shenanigans in modland this week, ex-mods Mochridhe, DramaQueen, Tam-I-Am and TaboulaRasta were overheard plotting to break in steal back there pink sparkly knickers.

In other news -

~Bec~ and Pippi Longstocking met in Canberra this week for the first of what will no doubt be many meetings of the Tony Abbot fan club. This reporter heard that the fan club main office has a full size pin up of 'the budgie' in his speedo's (full report pg 10)

RebekkahLeigh talks candidly about her new house which consists of 5 rooms and 20 toilets. (pics page 21) "after a little human emerged from down there, it seemed like a good way to celebrate the beginnings of life" she says when ask about the unconventional design.

Boycrazy and Mellymuma compare 'recipes' on 'how to make a boy' and 'how little girls are made' This reporter suggests perhaps a straight swap might be on the cards for the 2 serial babymakers.

WaitingformyBaldies finds out that she is pregnant with Quintuplets. Her planned homebirth with close friends Eloise&charliesMum and BorntobeMummy in attendance have been put on hold and she is desperately searching for a birth centre to accomodate her bubba's. Full report pg 4.

and finally - nominations close for those all-important awards on Sunday, so get in and nominate those who deserve a bit of recognition!!!!

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    babyfug hey I hope the rest of the mods come up with something slightly more appealing soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I like 'babyfug'

I wonder what's on the nibblies menu - has that been decided - maybe mod-pies???

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    as long as they are pretty colours like the ones you made WCM

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast