+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Illawarra ob's

Hello girls

This question is for a friend of mine who is newly pregnant.

Wondering which ob's don't charge or which ones don't charge a lot.

I saw Dr Davis but he charges $1800 at 22 weeks, which is too much for her. She has private Health insurance.

So of the ob's you know how much do they charge?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Ob was Dr Greening and he cost $3000, but I got over half back from Medicare -not sure what the rebate would be now.

Dr McCosker did my emergency c-section as Dr Greening was away, and my friend is with him and I believe he is around $2500???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Joe McCosker charges $180 for initial consult, $80 per antenatel visit and $2000 gap due at around 25 weeks. Some of that you will get back on Medicare. Dr Davis charges a little less but is booked out till October due dates.... he does his bookings based on due dates. Dr Bisheer (spelling??) charges $150 initial consult, bulk bills her antenatel visits and $2500 gap.

I have a question for anyone.... can anyone give me feedback on Dr Joe McCosker versus Dr Bisheer (the only lady gyn/obs in Illawarra). I have had some negatives and positives on both so far ... very confusing for me right now. I am 15 weeks so I am kinda leaving it all a bit late and need to make a choice.

Other than that, all is going well with my pregnancy. I am glad that my first trimester is over.... was rough times :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr McCosker

Hi all
    I'm also looking for any feedback on Dr McCosker. I'm moving to the Illawarra and he was the only Ob with space for a sep. baby. I can't find any opinions about him at all. I'd love to know what you have heard?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr McCosker was my Ob for when I had my son in Sept 2009. As it was my first child, I can't compare him to any other Ob's although I found him to be a good Ob. He was thorough and let me ask any questions at appointments. I ended up having an emergency c-section with my son and he did a great job as a surgeon. My scar is so tiny and faded that you can hardly see it and my recovery time was really quick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dr Davis is my OB and he was awesome. I ended up having an emergency c-section and he kept me calm through the whole process. Because i am a high risk patient he kept myself and my husband informed. I would recommend him to everyone.

Is she interested in going through the private health system or through wollongong hospital? The other thing she could always do is go shared care, i haven't done it as i have high risk pregnancies but i have heard great things about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, Wondering if anyone out there has had severe preclampsia in wollongong hospital, if there are any high risk obstetricians in the area and there experiances. i have had two pre eclampsic births at St George hospital , the first becoming eclampsic and very scary, under the rap team and Professor Mark Brown who are leaders in the field. Recently moved down to the lovely Illawarra, become pregnant with the third and I am not sure if the local hospital has the expertise in the field. Would appreciate any info as I have to make a decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi JJJ, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I know of a few people who have had preeclampsia quite badly and gone through Wollongong Hospital. I also think that Wollongong and St George hospitals are under the same organisation, so if in doubt they transfer patients up there- I had complications and was told that if I went into labour before 32 weeks I would be transferred to St George. I suppose, if in doubt, ask the midwives

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies!
    Just after some info on obs - i have seen Dr McCosker for other things and while we have PHI, the gap fee's are one to be scheduled into the poor old budget.

After DD's birth i refuse to give birth/recover in a public hospital in the illawarra/shoalhaven so just getting some info.

Am i able to call the obs and get 'quotes' over the phone?? as heartless as that sounds. I wasn't a high risk patient the first time so there's no existing complications.

Is there a private midwifery practice in the illawarra that i can go to instead??

Sorry for so many questions and my rambled post!

K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miss Mamo Wollongong Hospital run a program called the midwifery group parctice (mgp) where you see the same midwife every visit and ring her for any thing she is also the one who delivers your baby. Ring Wollongong hospital and they will transfer you i went though this with my first baby but for the next will be going private as wonderful as they were i still was not completely happy with the service the ultra sound company reccomened i be induced because my little man was so large and they told me no thet wont be happening cause they were to busy..... luckly i went into labour early naturaly cause my little man was almost 10 pound when he was born and they were runnign around stressed out cause he was coming and they realised he was so big and my labour went forever and bubs was distressed (only had a few min and would have had to have an emergency c section) thank goodness i got him out and the staff on the maternity ward were SHOCKING except for one lovely lady they asked me to buzz them when bubs feeding to make sure he was attaching properly (which i was having problems with) not one time but a few times and each time they turned up an hour and a half later he was fed burped changed and asleep next time i will be going through an ob for sure..... Dr Greening will be my first choice have heard so many great things about him