Questions For Those Living In Housing Commission/Dept Of Housing Homes QLD. | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The other option would be to talk to your sister about applying for a bigger place together. Though she might deem it too disruptive to move whilst your neice is pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Questions For Those Living In Housing Commission/Dept Of Housing Homes QLD.

*** deleted***
    Last edited by Meld85; 16-07-2016 at 15:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KylieRichardson View Post
    I have 1 sister here and she is in a 1 bedroom unit with her daughter who is due to have a baby. She simply doesnt have the room. My so called friends have issues with the partner I have chosen and dont want to help us out. This has made me really think about the friendships that I have. When people are in desperate need of help most people turn their backs. Fingers crossed though that I get something soon. After I posted I called housing and was told that there might be something next week. They are seeing what they can do. I have also been told that as I have pets I can not go into emergency housing. I can not afford to pay for a shelter for them as well as storage for my property and be able to eat. I have been talking to everyone including local members and I keep coming to a dead end. I have tried everything possible the last 2 or 3 months and I just simply gave up after going to everywhere possible and being told that even if I didnt have pets there is nothing available where I live. I think it is sad that they dont have enough housing that parents and their kids are on the street. Emergency housing should be just that. For those who need it urgently and not for those who simply want cheaper housing. I personally can not afford private rental at $300 plus per week with only having about $1200 a fortnight income. I cant possible afford to keep the house running and get my kids the things they need
    This is no disrespect but there are plenty of one income families living on what you are a fortnight and not living in a car. You may need to look at other areas for cheaper private rentals but I know plenty of one bedroom flats in melbournes outskirts for example at $200 a week. Not sure where you live but all cities have similar.
    With a concession card, electricity grants and hardship plans are accessible as well as department of housing paying the bond.

In terms of what your children need there are the salvos and other organizations that can assist. If you have things in storage you're paying for, you obviously have some stuff.
    It may be tough but it's certainly doable even on a limited income.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (16-07-2016),Meld85  (16-07-2016)