Seroquel & breastfeeding | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rodney Whyte from the Drug Info Centre at Monash is awesome, and provides info via phone and email on drugs during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
    Mr Rodney Whyte
    E: r.whyte@southernhealth.org.au
    T: (03) 9594 2361
    F: (03) 9594 6595

Or find a drug info person closer to you here http://www.shpa.org.au/scripts/cgiip...ms.r?PageId=27

LactMED is a database of research of effects of medcations on breastfeeding.
    http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/htmlgen?LACT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

happy wanderer  (14-03-2013),MummaBear02  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No. I just had monthly appointments with my psych. Mind I also was off my meds for as long as possible. It was in the last 6 or so weeks that I found out that I could continue on them. An ob at my hospital rang the pharmacy at the Womens hospital who confirmed that I could continue on 200mg. I find that it's too much while bfing as I struggle to wake up for my son so I've dropped down to 50mg but I've been pretty good if I forget

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

MummaBear02  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and Rodney white is fantastic! He's who I spoke to from the aba

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

MummaBear02  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much!

Great advice and really helps to put my mind at ease

I've just swapped my anti-depressant to make sure it's safe and I'm feeling much better about the Seroquel now.

Will definitely call Rodney to have a chat about the whole situation.

Thanks so, so much Smidget and Bubbles. Greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any time. Here to help. Rodney will only really help with the breastfeeding side of things. You really need to talk to a pharmacist at your local womens hospital. They will know more about the pregnancy side. Don't just talk to any pharmacist as they will just look in mims

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rodney Whyte actually covers both pregnancy and breastfeeding information. He is Senior Pharmacist at Monash Medical Centre, which is a tertiary Maternity hospital in Melbourne. I contacted him before my pregnancy to get info on medications and potential effect on pregnancy, and he was able to locate research for me and provide advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    Rodney Whyte actually covers both pregnancy and breastfeeding information. He is Senior Pharmacist at Monash Medical Centre, which is a tertiary Maternity hospital in Melbourne. I contacted him before my pregnancy to get info on medications and potential effect on pregnancy, and he was able to locate research for me and provide advice.
    When I rang him 4 months ago he said that he only felt comfortable recommending for bfing with regards to seroquel. He won't say much in regards to pregnancy. He said that he only felt comfortable recommending low doses during pregnancy but the pharmacist at KEMH in Perth said they were happy for me to continue on a full dose of 200mg while pregnant. Rodney only felt comfortable saying 50

11. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well before I got a chance to contact anyone about issues that my meds may cause, we hit some snags with the pregnancy.
    Bub isn't growing well. At one stage I was told we had lost him, now it just appears he is very slow. (measuring about 2weeks behind).
    I've searched everywhere for a specific perinatal psychiatrist, but no luck.
    No one I'm seeing seems to know what will happen with the pregnancy or why it is occurring, but they have no experience with psych meds and pregnancy, so it's still unclear if it was just bad luck, if it's the meds or what will happen.
    Popped back on to get those contact details, thought I'd update you all at the same time.
    Certainly worried that my meds may have caused this as my previous pregnancy (unmedicated) went perfectly. These things do just happen sometimes though.
    Hoping for good news at our next scan. Feel like Ive had enough scans to last me a lifetime.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seroquel

Are you still on this forum? I wanted to talk to you about breastfeeding with Seroquel.