+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LG View Post
    wow, old thread!
    I was thinking the same thing. It's over a year old and got quite heated back then. Someone trying to liven things up around here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I saw the thread title I thought wow what a good idea, I didn't know maccas had free wifi.

I didn't realise it was supposed to be a complaint!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is hilarious, can't believe I missed it!!! How funny that people were worried about a child eating a carrot at maccas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebdot View Post
    The other day me and DP went to Maccas and he was very unimpressed by all the flies buzzing around and rubbish on the tables and he happened to comment on how there was even a half eaten carrot on the table behind me.

I thought he was mucking around but sure enough there was a huge half eaten, unpeeled horse carrot on this table, women on the next table was having a latte and using the free WiFi,

Anywho, a few momments later I turned and some kids were at the table eating this carrot, massive unpeeled horse carrot, and it was there mother who was enjoying her latte, using the free WiFi while making her kids eat a carrot in the middle of maccas.

Im all for eating healthy but it made me sad thinking about these kids eating a carrot while everyone else enjoys their greezy maccas, It would be torture for a kid to sit there watching everyone else enjoy there happy meals and all they have is a carrot.

At one point I heard the kids ask if they could play on the playground and the mum said "not until you have finished all your carrot"

I dont mind carrots, Id happily give my DD peeled carrot sticks in her lunch box. But this situation seemed cruel to me?

Im curious to what everyone else thinks?
    Mmmm haha, sounds like something I would do...

Personally I hate maccas - so I wouldn't feel that I was being 'cruel' to my kids if I gave them a carrot, instead of Maccas. I actually would feel cruel if I DID give them maccas... It's unhealthy and I would feel like I wasn't giving them the nutrients they needed.

I am all for treats etc, but in moderation of course and I personally wouldn't class Macca's as a treat.

Even when I was a kid, I couldn't think of anything worse than Maccas. Granted, all kids are not like me, but as a mother, I wont be feeding my children that rubbish.

Generally, if kids are used to these foods (carrots, veggies etc) and home cooked meals, they wouldnt even know what maccas was and wouldn't miss it.

For all we know, perhaps these kids were just like that - maybe they actually prefered the carrot to what I like to refer to as 'cardboard and tomato sauce'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm at maccas right now wishing I had a carrot to give Jasper. Lol.

I'm the meanest mummy ever. I buy Jasper a happy meal, give him the toy and the chocolate popper of milk and then eat the cheese burger and chips myself!!!! Poor Jasper doesn't even get a carrot!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (17-05-2011),Stiflers Mom  (07-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I LOVE maccas wifi!!! its the only reason i've never been stranded on the side of the road with no petrol (i rarely have cash in my pocket or enough money for a tank of petrol in my account b/c i don't want to be tempted to spend it. so when i get low on petrol, i pull into maccas, sometimes go in, but usually not, and then transfer money into my account ).

I did giggle at this old thread being resurrected though is everyone going to get grumpy again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm, I don't know. I suppose other visual and non-visual factors could sway me in my 'judgement' of the scenario.

Could be any number of reasons behind it, for example, weather factors, descipline, health factors. Sharing an unpeeled non-cut carrott does seem rather odd but meh- each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    How do you know they hadn't already had some maccas?
    I wonder if people thought I was cruel when my dd had a small chips, and then ate a bannana, but only saw her eat the bananna.

Oh but awhile ago on here, I was being blasted for feeding my dd maccas at all, saying I was making her obese and yet if I went to maccas and gave her a carrot, I'd get judged for that too. Can't bloody win.
    Yep. You cant win. If the same mum was feeding her children any type of maccas, you would have just about everyone on this site saying what an evil mum she was and wheres DoHS when you need them. She might have just gone there for the playground? Theres been extremes of weather lately, either very hot or raining and most of the maccas playgrounds are undercover. Playcentres are usually exxy to get into. The local one charges $6 for a 15 month old to get in plus $4 for a coke. Ive had weeks where Ive gone to Maccas just for the free wifi and just gotten a small drink and brought along DS (15 months) food cos of allergies and I dont want him eating that junk. DS loves going to Maccas for the playground, not the food.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HELPihavea2yrold! For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (07-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some threads should rest in peace. This is one of those threads.