+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What a funny thread... All the speculations are making me laugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lotti View Post
    I don't find it wierd one bit!

So the mum gets coffee and to use the internet and the kids get to play on the playground.
    Mine love carrots and would be happy to play there!
    I take DD to maccas so i can have a coffee and she can play (i dont have an iphone otherwise i would use the free wifi while there as well ), most of my friends dont have kids, so instead of going to gloria jeans or coffee club we got to mccafe so DD will leave us in peace to talk, and she loves the playground and playing with other kids as opposed to sitting in a coffee shop!!

but i still usually end up getting her nuggets or something tho, but i have been known to take healthy food there in my bag for her
    (its a combination of wanting her to eat healthy/being a tight@**** )

all in all its a very cheap way for her to play and me to relax, i dont care what anyone says

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiaKai View Post
    How do you know they hadn't already had some maccas?
    I wonder if people thought I was cruel when my dd had a small chips, and then ate a bannana, but only saw her eat the bananna.

Oh but awhile ago on here, I was being blasted for feeding my dd maccas at all, saying I was making her obese and yet if I went to maccas and gave her a carrot, I'd get judged for that too. Can't bloody win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At one point I heard the kids ask if they could play on the playground and the mum said "not until you have finished all your carrot"

Oh wow, I needed that laugh badly. LOL Thanks OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i dont find this cruel at all.
    infact, its a great idea to implement in the future.
    coffee for me,free internet and playtime for the kid.
    i think its more cruel to actually feed your child the maccas :P
    also, who knows, maybe she bought him an icecream afterwards. but either way, giving her child a carrot instead of junk actually seems like good parenting to me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lucky stars For This Useful Post:

Mrs Nietzsche  (07-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I thought I'd throw in that I dont mind eating raw, unpeeled carrots if I'm in a snacky mood and need to stop eating crraaaapppp.

Also, whats with Maccas?!?! Maccas has managed to brain wash my son before he'd ever eating Maccas (I blame the ads on telly, they must have gotten to him)

On a crazy hot day we were driving my mum to the airport, and we have water, but we just didn't think it through, it was over 40 and we didn't have air con and bubba was freaking out, so we decided to go into a maccas to cool him down, he'd be screaming hysterically for about 20 minutes, and as the golden arches came into site he stopped crying IMMEDIATELY and was perfectly calm and happy and then had an absolute ball in Maccas. All he got was another bottle of water (cos his water was warm from the car trip) and he LOVED it.

EVil Maccas.... brain washing my baby... somehow....?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A horse carrot? My DD has unpeeled carrots (as do I) are they classified as horse carrots? lol

I am going to Macca's now but will not be taking any carrots for DD. A milkshake & some cookies will surfice (as a treat) while I catch up with my friend for a coffee. But I will enjoy some free wi fi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funniest thread ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Maybe it was a punishment? Maybe the child was warned that if they misbehaved they wouldn't be getting maccas, instead they'd just eat a carrot or something. Probably the mum following through on a threat.
    Best punishment ever!! I'm going to do this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    wow, old thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do the same thing basically. I go to use the playground (as it is fenced) and take sandwiches and carrots for the kids to eat before we go home.

They don't even realise it's a restaurant and run straight to the playground. Never shown any interest in the food whatsoever. (Although I have to pick up and chuck in the bin any apple poptops, etc that people have left in the playground or the kids will go for them).

My kids *love love love* carrot by the way.

I feel sorry for kids that have giant amounts of fat and salt jammed into their bodies