+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i wonder if this lady does what my parents did; tell us kids from a young age that the ice cream man in the van with the music, was the vegie man..so we never asked for anything from him lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischaswonderland View Post
    i wonder if this lady does what my parents did; tell us kids from a young age that the ice cream man in the van with the music, was the vegie man..so we never asked for anything from him lol

..or that yogurt was 'icecream'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How bloody weird!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I tell DD that when she hears the music from the ice-cream van, he's letting everyone know that's run out and has no ice-cream left.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (13-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (07-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meh who cares. My son would choose a carrot over maccas any day.

And i use to take my kids most Saturdays to maccas so i could have some peace and quiet. They often had a 50c cone and i had a coffee and read the paper. They had free face painting and played for free while i read the paper.

Call me tight or whatever you want but i was pretty broke and my kids were as happy at maccas with a 50c cone as they were at a play centre, which i could not afford to take them all to.

Anyhow, those big horse carrots are good. Me and my sis use to sneak a carrot each every night once we were suppose to be in bed, dunno were my mum thought all the carrots went but we did it every night for years.

Carrots are good, maccas is crap.

Plus its pretty damn hot and maccas has air con Took my boy there today, he had a poptop water and i had a big greasy calorie ridden burger. He didnt want to eat, just wanted to play.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't find it wierd one bit!

So the mum gets coffee and to use the internet and the kids get to play on the playground.
    Mine love carrots and would be happy to play there!

Also, sometimes before mums do feed their kids some artery hardening rubbish they like to atleast know that they had ONE recognizable vegie!
    Its no different to buying a happy meal that has some apple in it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    WOW, I had never thought about the power of 'the carrot'. I must get DS hooked on them.. then I can go to Maccas, use their free wi-fi and air conditioned comfort while DS plays in the free playcentre and munches on a carrot. Sounds good to me!

I do suspect that the children had already had maccas and maybe they asked for something else and their Mum said ' I only have a carrot, if you're really hungry, you'll eat that'

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebdot View Post

I was in stitches though the whole time I was there and laughed most of the way home.

I feel bad for the kids though,
    So I'm confused

Were you judging the mother and laughing at her kids?

Or were you judging the mother and feeling sorry for her kids?

Jeesh, ya can't win

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I tell DD that when she hears the music from the ice-cream van, he's letting everyone know that's run out and has no ice-cream left.
    my mum told me this when I was little, and I grew up just assuming this was true, because why would my mum lie to me?? When I was 16 and started dating my dp we went to a park and an ice cream truck was parked there playing music. I said to him I wonder why it's just sitting there playing music when it's out if ice cream. My dp was like huh?? So I explained it to him and he was in hysterics laughing haha so make sure you tell her when she gets older to save her from potentially embarrasing situations lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TacoFest For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum_I'm_hungry View Post
    They don't even know what McDonald's is. They call it the 'special place' (and I don't discourage them because then they never use the word McDonald's and mummy doesn't get judged! )..
    PMSL DS has been saying Macdonalds since he was 15 months old. DH has been taking him for Fluffy Milk since he was 12 months old. They used to go up there every weekend while I slept in. DH would get get a hash brown and a coffee and DS would have his baby cino. When he got older if we ever went we'd pack him a lunch and just order him a baby cino.

I think he's has a hash brown a couple of times with DH and I gave him a chicken wrap once. He thinks Macdolads is where you get coffee and milk... try expaning that to my hippy Mum who was horrified when he asked her to take him to McDonalds