+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use to do that to my son, though not a carrot. I would buy him the healthy stuff like an apple or yogurt while I stuffed my face with a quater pounder. Im not forcesing crappy food on my child, besides even now all he will eat from there are the chips so he gets the good stuff instead. When he was younger though he wouldnt get any crap food so I dont see the problem with her making them eat healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe it was a punishment? Maybe the child was warned that if they misbehaved they wouldn't be getting maccas, instead they'd just eat a carrot or something. Probably the mum following through on a threat.

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymuma View Post
    Is it at all posibble that this is a single mum who can't afford maccas and the internet. Lord knows we don't buy maccas and I am struggling to keep the internet on in our house.

Maybe she needed the internet for something important that day. Maccas not only has free internet but a playground to keep the kids amused while she does some stuff.

Not everyone can afford to feed there kids junk food while out and about.

Oh but I would have at least taken 2 carrots

Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Maybe it was a punishment? Maybe the child was warned that if they misbehaved they wouldn't be getting maccas, instead they'd just eat a carrot or something. Probably the mum following through on a threat.

Either of the above are perfectly good explainations for the scenario. I probably would have found it rather intruiging and unusual if I had witnessed it. Maybe they grow their own carrots and the kids were REALLY proud of what they had grown?

Who knows....but it IS rather unusual!!

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    LOL, hope you never see me at Mcdonalds im sure you will post about me hahahahah.

When we go to mcdonalds the other familis I got wth there kids get a happy meal, DD get a happy meal box wth a toy and letuce in it, I have a latte then they have a play on the play equptment.

Whats the big deal maccers is cr@p anyway, and some kids dont like it. DD doesnt eat but she likes to play with the letuce and the toy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pmsl!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by charlis_mum View Post
    Either of the above are perfectly good explainations for the scenario. I probably would have found it rather intruiging and unusual if I had witnessed it. Maybe they grow their own carrots and the kids were REALLY proud of what they had grown?

Who knows....but it IS rather unusual!!
    I dont see why there has to be an explaination as to why lol Not everyone wants to feed their kids crap but would gladly eat it themself. Or just go for a coffee and let their kids play.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    to the ones saying she may not be able to afford maccas and net...but she can afford a laptop?!?! hmm.

a happy meal (healthy seared snack wrap, juice and apple pieces) is 4.25, thats a pretty cheap meal, i cant feed my family for under 5 bux each... she sure could afford to get her self an expensive coffee?!?!

imo taking a child to a fast food resturaunt and making them eat a horse carrot is slack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischaswonderland View Post
    to the ones saying she may not be able to afford maccas and net...but she can afford a laptop?!?! hmm.

a happy meal (healthy seared snack wrap, juice and apple pieces) is 4.25, thats a pretty cheap meal, i cant feed my family for under 5 bux each... she sure could afford to get her self an expensive coffee?!?!

imo taking a child to a fast food resturaunt and making them eat a horse carrot is slack.
    Could of at least been an apple

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you know they hadn't already had some maccas?
    I wonder if people thought I was cruel when my dd had a small chips, and then ate a bannana, but only saw her eat the bananna.

Oh but awhile ago on here, I was being blasted for feeding my dd maccas at all, saying I was making her obese and yet if I went to maccas and gave her a carrot, I'd get judged for that too. Can't bloody win.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

HELPihavea2yrold!  (07-02-2011),HugsBunny  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That actually made me laugh lol