+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Jamie,

my DS was born 20 months ago after a high NT measurement (7.5mm) but a normal CVS and amnio. Little fella is all normal aside from the fact that he had a really fat neck when he was born. Have you had any extra testing done aside from the NT measurement?

Amy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Moonmum3112  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jamie
    Our beautiful baby boy is now 19 months old and there is no sign of anything wrong with him. His NT measurement was 6.8mm at 12 weeks. We had a clear CVS and lots of scans and a heart scan at 19 weeks, none of which showed any problems. We had another heart scan after birth which showed a minor peculiarity with one of the valves, but there is no sign that that is causing any problems at all.
    Are you in Sydney? The best thing that happened to us was being referred to Professor Alec Welsh at the Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit at the Royal Hopstial for Women in Randwick. He was quite positive about the chances of a good outcome and thought it would be "absolutely premature" to terminate at 16 weeks with no anomalies showing other than the high nuchal. Both he and the cardiologist said they would be able to pick up on most structural problems by 18/19 weeks if there was any problem present (although of course they couldn't guarantee there would be nothing wrong, but that's no different than for all pregnancies).
    BTW, at birth, our paediatrician commented that he thought too much emphasis was put on nuchal readings.
    Good luck, and best wishes during what we know is a very upsetting time.
    Amy - so pleased to see you had a good outcome too!
    Shamara

Thanks
    Reviews
    13 weeks. NT of 3.8.
    going to a genetic councillor, amnio more than likely. Blood tests were clean. 28yo
    absolutely sick with worry.
    advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ja2ma6lee View Post
    I saw post about the same situation I am currently in. We are scheduled to terminate the pregnancy on Tues but after reading this board I've changed my mind. I'm hoping to hear back about how the babies are doing now that they are born.

Thank you,

Jamie

wow! I wish you every luck in the world that your baby turns out healthy. What a great things forums can be during pregnancy with all of these tests to terrify us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Just though I would share our situation. We had a measurement of 4.4mm, bloods perfect, measurements correct with the due date and nasal bone found. I had a CVS and both the FISH and final results came back clear. I am 16 weeks and waiting patiently for the 19 week Morph scan. I am petrified that something will be wrong and have a very hard time controlling my emotions and stress levels, but I am hanging in there as there seems to be so many healthy baby outcomes. At this stage we have no hard facts that would cause us not to continue with the pregnancy I think that is the whole problem, the uncertainty that revolves around this and I guess all pregnancies Thank you to everyone for sharing their stories it does keep me positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ppl for shaing ur stories. Im going through a similar scenario and ur experiences fill me with hope

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Healthy little boy

Hi I posted in February 2013 and thought I would share with you that dispute the 4.4mm NT we have a healthy, happy, energetic and loving son who is now 15 months. Just thought I would share our outcome to show expecting mothers with thick NT that there is hope and healthy babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    By LO was born absolutely perfect earlier this year. If only I hadn't have had the 12week scan/ blood test I would not have lived through the hell of the high NT measurements and consequential emotional turmoil and amino and extra scans and testing....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ja2ma6lee View Post
    I saw post about the same situation I am currently in. We are scheduled to terminate the pregnancy on Tues but after reading this board I've changed my mind. I'm hoping to hear back about how the babies are doing now that they are born.

Thank you,

Jamie
    They are not always correct in the testing and I know of a few ppl who had bad results and there was a VERY healthy bub at the end.
    Last edited by Mummy5ormore; 31-10-2014 at 20:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like us also, at 13 weeks we were told 1:4 downs and 1:2 Edwards, we were told to discuss our options reg termination etc and the amnio is only getting done to findout what's wrong as with our odds there is something we just don't know exactly as yet. amnio came back clear. So got sent off for scan at wch to focus on heart, then also they noticed that his spine was not ossified, so back we go a week later for another look, same prob. So back again yesterday, spine is finally ossified now and heart looks of from what they can see in between bubs staying still how ever now booked in for cardiac scan to confirm. I also have enough fluid apparently for 2 babies hence why he won't sit still. I also have GD which is sending me crazy. I am 21+3 at the moment and because of low papa they want to do growth scans as worried about igur to make sure he doesn't stop growing or something like that as well as monitoring that he doesn't get too big from GD. I find that it is just one thing after another and having some low moments