+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stafford Heights State School?

Hi,
    If anyone has any information regarding Stafford Heights State School in Brisbane could you please let me know. Particularly if you have a child currently enrolled there. It is our local school & would like our children to go there however whenever you speak to anyone in the community I am told not to send my kids there but nobody can give me legitimate reasons. The only one I have heard is "it's a bit rough". I like the fact that it is pretty small, the other option is McDowall which I know has a great reputation but is quite a big school. I want to send my kids to a good school but by the same token a normal school with a cross section of the community not all middle class + kids. Anyway any information given would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is MSS McDowall or Mitchelton? I have thought about Craigslea but it's pretty big too and would need to go by car so might as well drive to McDowall if you KWIM. It's just so different to when we were kids, just went to the local school now it seems like Catholic & independent schools are the norm. I totally get it that people want the best for their kids....It's just so hard to know what to do???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry can't comment on Stafford School. We are in the McDowall catchment area so could have sent my son there but ended up picking Craigslea. Reasons being 1. It's smaller then McDowall not by a hugh amount at the moment but McDowall was hoping to increase their numbers by a big amount. I have heard that they wanted to fill 7 prep classes this year. Don't know whether they did or not. 2nd reason a good selection of community. Not just middle class white australians.

I've found Craigslea has a real community feel and everyone seems to know everyone else. Someone I know went to check out McDowall and said they didn't feel it was friendly?

You really need to go to each school to check them out. Maybe attend an assembly and have a tour of the school.

Don't know if it's too far but I've heard Everton Park is also a nice small school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your feedback. Even though my daughter can get into McDowall I think we are going to go with one of the smaller more diverse schools in the area.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm curious to know how this turned out? I am in the same position for my daughter for 2012.
    Any other advice for Public schools in the stafford/stafford heights area is very welcome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be curious as well. We live in Stafford heights and have been looking at the schools in the area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yep heard great things about mcdowall lots of kids from the kindy I did practice at went there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stafford Heights State School has had a name in the past as being a bit rough, but it is not like that now. Of course there is the odd naughty kid, as there are in all schools, even the private ones, but on the whole I believe it is a good school. I currently have children at the school and really like it. They have great facilities, including a pool and two ovals and very nice grounds with the school buildings away from the roads. My children will be going to private high schools but I am very happy with Stafford Heights State Primary School.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was at Somerset Hills state School in Stafford Heights before we moved.
    Nice small school, only 1 prep class and the big kids seem to look out for the wee ones.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up Small School Advantage

I have had children attending Stafford Heights State School since before Prep was introduced! I initially chose the school as it was off the main roads and had a good feel about it when we visited.

All of my children have done very well both academically and socially. The teaching staff are all brilliant - there is not a single teacher that I would not like my children to be taught by.

Being a small school is a huge advantage as all the students know all the teachers, and vise versa. However I like the stress free drop off and pick up. No congestion, no delays.

Studies show that students do best in small schools.

Stafford Heights State School has a big community feel about it. There is OSHC and a swim school on site, making life easier for busy parents.

I think that the secret is already out as there are many more prep students this year.
    Last edited by BH-tech; 19-11-2015 at 10:27. Reason: Broken Link Removal