+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Duromine Or Reductil?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has taken Duromine or Reductil to help with weightloss?

What are the Pros and Cons with them?

Any info would be good thanks!

Emma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I dont know personally. However, I have had friends take Duromine and they have found it does work as long as they keep their excercise up. And today I read a story on Reductil saying it had been taken off of the market due to health concerns etc.. So maybe look into that also. I was prescribed Reductil by the doctor, thankfully after reading that article today in the newspaper I never started taking it..

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A friend of mine took Duromine and developed an anxiety disorder. To her, it felt like she was on speed. She took it for roughly a month and did lose a fair amount of weight (over 6kg from memory) but when she stopped taking it she still suffered/suffers anxiety and put the weight back very quickly. That was her experience though and isn't to say it isn't beneficial for others.

Reductil was something I was prescribed in 2003...I never filled the prescription as it was too expensive so I don't know whether it's any good or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I took reductil for over a year and found it worked well however there were side effects to it, sometimes my heart would race so fast i thought i was going to have a heart attack other times i would feel so sick i thought i was going to faint. Recently though there have been investigations into reductil due to some deaths whilst people have been taking it. The price of it varies depending on what chemist i bought it from i could pay as little as $90 or as much as $160.

To be honest i found the best way to lose weight was to go see a nutritonist (which worked out cheaper) and to go to the gym 3 times a week.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took Duromine a couple of years ago and DID lose a lot of weight over a short period of time. But, as soon as I stopped taking it - all the weight came back on plus more.

I did like all the extra energy that I had, but was also very restless and found I could not concentrate - not great as I had an office job.

I had terrible constipation and headaches (from not eating enough probably) as well.

I've battled with my weight my entire life, and while the drugs do work, I feel it is probably better in the long run to try alternatives before going this route... as said above, the drugs are usually more expensive than a gym membershil and / or dietician..

I wish you luck whatever you choose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have taken duromine for while twice. (awhile as in 2-3 weeks)

It sent me loopy!

I can do sooooooooooo much more. I was like wonder women... it was great! I was the perfect mum/wife/house cleaner... perfect EVERYTHING because I was like a never ending battery!

But it literally sent me loopy.. I would cry at the drop of a hat.. It was like I was walking on egg shells with my emotions. I would read to much into what was being said to me by anyone and everyone..

I also got chest pains with it! Its hard to describe!

This is just my experience though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    duromine sends u nuts. numerous family members have been on it and turned into nutbars. my dr wouldnt give it to me because i have a history of depression.

ive been on redictul before and not experienced any of the symptoms others have said, i lost 27 kilos on it (in two yrs) but the weight eventually came back. now im doing it on my own, eating healthy, drinking lots of water and gym 4 times a week and im getting results.