+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 255
  1. #31
    NanaK's Avatar
    NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    18
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pink..., I agree with Kim, I would trust your cm. This month I was testing with FR opk and clear blue digital and I had 3 days of pos FR but no pos on CB. Opks are just like HPTs all test to different levels. I always tell people to look at this website but www.peeonastick.com really helped me understand opks as I have had a lot if trouble with them.

    Also, are you teasting your cervix position, normally a pretty good indication of when you are ovulating...

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaK View Post
    Pink..., I agree with Kim, I would trust your cm. This month I was testing with FR opk and clear blue digital and I had 3 days of pos FR but no pos on CB. Opks are just like HPTs all test to different levels. I always tell people to look at this website but www.peeonastick.com really helped me understand opks as I have had a lot if trouble with them.

    Also, are you teasting your cervix position, normally a pretty good indication of when you are ovulating...

    Hi NanaK .....

    No idea how to test cervix position. Any website i can look at to teach me?

    I was actually really depressed last cycle thinking i dont ovulate - Hubby got abit annoyed and blamed the OPK and said it doesnt work and that i need to "stop this"

  3. #33
    NanaK's Avatar
    NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    18
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkdawn View Post
    Hi NanaK .....

    No idea how to test cervix position. Any website i can look at to teach me?

    I was actually really depressed last cycle thinking i dont ovulate - Hubby got abit annoyed and blamed the OPK and said it doesnt work and that i need to "stop this"
    Warning it's a bit graphic...
    http://www.beautifulcervix.com/cervi...ycle-with-iud/

    I have trouble with OPK's, so I use two brands in conjunction with testing CP & CM, charting my BBT, and using a Maybe Baby. Sounds a bit obsessive I know but I don't think I could handle making it to the 12 month mark so I am giving it my all

    If there is one thing I have learned though, it is to try try try as hard as you can to take the emotion out of it. Otherwise you will just drive yourself mad and always be upset. It gets better over time. Either you get used to it, or you get a BFP.

    But definately try not to stress yourself out around O, even if you OPK's suck remain camlm and zen like Buddah !

  4. #34
    NanaK's Avatar
    NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    18
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, forgot to tell you how you do it. So really, what you do it stick one or two fingers up there you will feel the little thing that you can see in the picture, I think Green Sprout once described it as a 'stelagtite' . Then you are just feeling for what you are looking at on the website.

    Firm - like the tip of your nose
    Soft - like your lips

    High - you will feel like you are going to swallow your hand
    Low - very close, and sometimes you will have pain during sex

    Closed - no opening or just a small opening, as if your lips were sucking on a straw
    Open - like your mouth is forming an O shape

    Not Fertile - Low, Firm and Closed
    Fertile - High, Soft and Open

    Then you can have your inbetween which you will start to get the feel of after about a month of testing....

    Also, when you are up there, it is a good idea to check your CM. All you do is take your middle and first finger and kind of squeeze like the 'snip snip' shape, it is a bit strange to do but you will get a much better sample then just from your undies or testing with your fingers as you are getting is straight from the source....

    Make sense??

  5. #35
    NanaK's Avatar
    NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    18
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaK View Post
    Oh, forgot to tell you how you do it. So really, what you do it stick one or two fingers up there you will feel the little thing that you can see in the picture, I think Green Sprout once described it as a 'stelagtite' . Then you are just feeling for what you are looking at on the website.

    Firm - like the tip of your nose
    Soft - like your lips

    High - you will feel like you are going to swallow your hand
    Low - very close, and sometimes you will have pain during sex

    Closed - no opening or just a small opening, as if your lips were sucking on a straw
    Open - like your mouth is forming an O shape

    Not Fertile - Low, Firm and Closed
    Fertile - High, Soft and Open

    Then you can have your inbetween which you will start to get the feel of after about a month of testing....

    Also, when you are up there, it is a good idea to check your CM. All you do is take your middle and first finger and kind of squeeze like the 'snip snip' shape, it is a bit strange to do but you will get a much better sample then just from your undies or testing with your fingers as you are getting is straight from the source....

    Make sense??
    Oh Oh two more things....

    1. don't test first thing in the morning as CP changes once you have been awake for a few hours

    2. you may need to put one leg up on the toiler or tub to reach it... find a position that is comfy for you... Can be quite funny if DH walks in. Mine normally comments "checking the Oil Babe" very funny!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hi NanaK

    Ur hilarious "remain calm and zen like Buddah"

    Im trying very hard to not 'stress out' cos i know the more i stress the harder it gets ~~~~

    Thanks for the warning... the pic are very GRAPHIC !!! Maybe i shouldn't of looked at them while eating my dinner -.-"
    Will give this a go tho....

    Sorry to sound dumb but what does CP mean?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks for being so HELPFUL ~~ its so nice to talk to someone about all this .. cos i cant really talk to the girls at work, i dont need them to be gossiping !

    I will definitely give this a go alone with checking CM

  8. #38
    NanaK's Avatar
    NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    18
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkdawn View Post

    Sorry to sound dumb but what does CP mean?

    CP Means Cervix Position.

    And don't stress. That is what we are all here for, to support eachother!!!

  9. #39
    Lambchops's Avatar
    Lambchops is offline Life is way to short to take seriously. Work with what you have, and strive to have what you want!
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hi lady's,

    I'm new to all of this and was just looking for somewhere to listen to everyones stories and maybe tell some of my own.

    I'm 25 and my partner is 29. He has a daughter that is 8yo. We made the decision earlier last year to start TTC (only 1 of 2 abbreviations that i know, lol). We have had some issues since then, my partner had a kidney transplant in may last year and after the op we where told not to try for at least 1 year due to medication he is on, so we didn't actively try. Although we were disappointed it acctually turned out well as this has allowed my body to go back to it's natural cycle since stopping the pill. I have learned that my cycles are around 35days. The other week we decided to ask my partners doctor if there was any possiblility that anything could of gone wrong in the op and have been assured that nothing went wrong and we are free to concieve at any time and have been ever since the op. So we where misinformed by the hospital last year. So in short, we are now actively trying. I am 4DPO so i'm now just insanely waiting for the day to arrive that i can test.

    So thats alittle about me.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cordeaux Heights (Wollongong)
    Posts
    4,503
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked
    281
    Reviews
    18
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome to the 25er's TTC chat. Hoping your journey is a short one.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Which is best? Baby Swing, Baby Rocker, Baby Bouncer???
    By sarebare81 in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 20-04-2016, 14:19
  2. Check baby & nursery product safety with the new Keeping Baby Safe app from the ACCC
    By Product Safety ACCC in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-07-2012, 12:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Be In Blossom
We offer physiotherapy run pregnancy Pilates, pregnancy Aerobics, and Mummy Pilates & Baby Massage classes with a focus on optimising posture, body awareness, pelvic floor support, back care and maintaining fitness, aiming to assist women prepare and recover from their birth.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!