+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As for DR I went and spend like $240 on tests just to be told nothing is wrong and time will probably fix it. Unless you have something a lot of Drs will not see you until 12 months of active TTC but as you work at a hospital you may have better luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I love this thread! I think we need support as much as anyone else! I always get the 'you're so young dont worry about it, it will happen line" and im just so over it!!
    Hubby and i have been trying for a year now and about 4 months ago i was diagnosed with PCOS... my cycles are all over the place! I've been going to an accupuncturist for years so i tried him first but unfortunately nothing worked... so now we're on the road to fertility drugs. Its just so frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    Hi ladies,

I love this thread! I think we need support as much as anyone else! I always get the 'you're so young dont worry about it, it will happen line" and im just so over it!!
    Hubby and i have been trying for a year now and about 4 months ago i was diagnosed with PCOS... my cycles are all over the place! I've been going to an accupuncturist for years so i tried him first but unfortunately nothing worked... so now we're on the road to fertility drugs. Its just so frustrating!

Welcome wannabeamum i have also just been diagnosed with PCOS (this week actually) and i previously saw a natropath but like i said to Green Sprout i stopped after just a couple of sessions. I ended up seeing a gynaecologist as my cycles were all over the place and that is when he told me i have PCOS...

But i am sorry to hear that your journey has been so frustrating and that you are thinking about Fertility Drugs...but at the end of it i hope it brings you your much wanted baby.

Last edited by Kimnus; 15-01-2010 at 15:15.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default just turned 25

Hi my name is Caitlin, i've been married for just over a year and we have just decided to start trying for our first child. And I'm clueless.... just wondering where i should start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Caitlin to the Thread.

I guess the thing you have to ask yourself is how involved you want to be. Myself i am Temping and also checking my CM.

With Temping you will need a Basal themometer (that has the second decimal point) you can buy this from your chemist. Fertility Friend is also a great site where you can chart these tempreatures. (if you look in my sig and click on the link that says my chart that will take you to my chart where you can have a look). If you sign up there you get a free trial to see if it is something you would like to do.

Checking CM is not for everyone, so don't be worried if you don't want to do it.

Also all the ladies are lovely here so don't be afraid to ask any questions.

NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post
    Welcome Caitlin to the Thread.

I guess the thing you have to ask yourself is how involved you want to be. Myself i am Temping and also checking my CM.

With Temping you will need a Basal themometer (that has the second decimal point) you can buy this from your chemist. Fertility Friend is also a great site where you can chart these tempreatures. (if you look in my sig and click on the link that says my chart that will take you to my chart where you can have a look). If you sign up there you get a free trial to see if it is something you would like to do.

Checking CM is not for everyone, so don't be worried if you don't want to do it.

Also all the ladies are lovely here so don't be afraid to ask any questions.
    I agree with Kim as per normal. It is hard, I think at least cause you want to know all of these things that are going to increase your odds of conception, but you also sometimes wish you didn't know cause it's like you know too much. BUT having said that though I go back and forth I am pretty much of the belief that I am happy to know all that I know.

That being said, when I started I was only counting cycle days. Two months of BFN and I started using a maybe baby. Two months later I started with temping, but last month I got on FF and started OPKs (more regularly as I was doing OPKs on and off before). I must say I find FF the most be the most helpful as you can not only chart your BBT but also CM and CP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just reading over my post and yours nani I realised something...TTC is hard work lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Caitlin,

Welcome aboard!

Not much to add here other than start where you are comfortable. When I first joined BH everything seemed so complicated. All I was doing was checking CM in the beginning and now I too take BBT, check cervix an use OPKs. I've even had a go at MaybeBaby.

Do lots of reading and see what you'd like to start with and go from there! One step at a time will be easiest and you don't need to do everything either.

Agree FF is an excelled resource, even if just charting AF to start and there is so much info.

Don't be afraid to ask questions here too. Nothin is too small or stupid!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Hubby and I have been TTC since Dec 09 so we're fairly new at all this.

Last 'cycle' i have been testing when i ovulate with these strips i bought from an online website named ORACLE.... i tested for 6 days straight from when my online calender predicts my fertility but not once did i get the two lines of the same darkness ( if that makes sense )
    I did however get CM clear, slipper & sticky ( tried testing twice that day but still came back negative)
    Does this mean i didnt even ovulate last month or should i trust my CM??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would mostly trust your CM as i am not quite sure but i think the OPKs might not work all the time.

Do you use Fertility Friend at all?