+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Sounds like it goes totally SIDS and Kids safe sleeping guidelines....and I know that when I'm overhot in bed at night, I sleep - but it's not good quality sleep. And I wake feeling awful the next day.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tam-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Savingfishfromdrowning  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been using the guide lately and I have to say it's really been working. When it's hot I do reduce the layers but when it's cold it definitely works and my ds last night slept 14 hours without waking. She had a post or a clip where she mentioned how the doona's we sleep with are about 15 tog (15 blankets) and there's usually 2 of us ie you and your partner so extra body heat plus we move around in bed generating heat which babies don't do and they came from an environment where they were in 36 degrees then we expect them to sleep through the night with just a 2.5 tog sleeping bag (ie 2.5 blankets) and not wake. Makes sense. So not contrary to Sids guidelines. As long as you go by your baby as a guide and they're not hot sweaty and overheated so you could gradually increase layers. Also, the blankets she refers to aren't thick and heavy, they're quite light but yes as long as cotton or bamboo. Buit for a room that's about 20 degrees you need about 6 blankets being 3 doubled plus all the other things she mentions about clothing, sleeping bags no mattress protector etc.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the bedding guide. I think it's a large file from memory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi.

Could I please request you to send me also the copy of tizzie hall;s bedding guide please.
    I really appreciate your kind help.

I have pm'ed you my email id.
    Thanks heaps.
    Last edited by ourhope; 29-04-2010 at 14:27. Reason: removing email id

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'm wondering of you got the guide and if so if you could forward to me? My email is sharnshine@hotmail.com - thanks in advance! S.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bump.

Any chance you could PM it to me as well?

I understand if you're not keen to do so though.

Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help

If anyone could forward that email to me I much appreciate it too
    nicole_89@live.com.au
    thanks heaps.. Willing to try anything!!!!

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I read her recommendations in the SOS book. The layering is excessive and against SIDS recommendations. Over-layered babies are a risk because firstly the layers can go over their face and smother them, but also a very warm baby can slip into a very deep sleep, which is a SIDS risk.

You're better off putting a heater in baby's room with a thermometer you can see from outside the room (our baby monitor does this), and just using normal layers. In a 21 degree room a long suit with a singlet and a warm grobag should be plenty. Add a single cotton blanket if baby tends to be cold. If you have baby in the room with you then he/she needs only one more layer than you to be comfortable in the same temperature.

It's SIDS week people - look up the guidelines and sleep your babies safe!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Savingfishfromdrowning For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (28-06-2012)

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    BTW I returned the book for a refund when I read those bedding guidelines, I don't know how someone can call themself an 'expert' and make such unsafe recommendations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm sorry I only just checked the email account attached to this account and saw a few requests for the bedding guide. Of course I'd be happy to email it to you. It might have been updated though, mine would be almost 3 years old now but you'd get the jist. I had to change computers recently and I can't find the bedding guide on this computer so I'll get the ext hard drive out and get it for the ones that requested it. It definitely worked for my little one and so many babies I know. You may need to reread one of my previous posts about trial and error to see what works for your baby but I really underestimated the amount of blankets they need to have a good sleep. Give me a couple of weeks to dig out the hard drive but feel free to remind me or pm to remind me if I forget. I'm not at home to do it for you now.