+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Save Our Sleep Bedding Guide

Hi, Just wondering if anyone else has a copy of the Save Our Sleep bedding guide and how accurate you find it? Does your baby sleep well using this bedding guide? It seems like alot of wrapping and blankets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the Save Our Sleep book which discusses bedding and how much, etc. I personally found it WAY too much for my bub who is generally a warm baby anyway. She sleeps in a GroBag sleeping bag and I usually go by that particular bag's guide for what to wear to bed. Sometimes if I think if my DD has woken up because the temperature has dropped and she's cold I might add a cotton blanket over her just to take the chill off, usually does the trick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just bumping this thread up - I just bought the bedding guide and I agree it seems like a LOT of bedding/blankets.

I'm also confused as to what is the difference between a bodysuit and a babygro? Any clues?

Anyone use as many blankets as Tizzie recommends?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, We found the Bedding Guide to be a godsend and our DS actually started sleeping really well as soon as we started following it (we were also worried about how many layers she said to use but were desperate to try anything LOL). As long as your layers are cotton/bamboo I think it is great and accurate.

Magicgirl79, Bodysuit is the short sleeved snap at the crotch "onsie" like a snap singlet and the Babygro is the long sleeved and legged suit that goes over the top. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow - so you're meant to put a short sleeve one under a long sleeve one. That is a lot of clothes!!! We put a singlet on, do you think that would count for the bodysuit or too thin?

I might start off with half the number of blankets recommended and see if that helps him sleeping or not, 5 blankets + all the other stuff seems like too much.

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    We live in the tropics & DD sleeps with the aircon on, always has...it is set to 22c - which is cooler than outside obviously.

I put her in a 0.5 gro bag & a long sleeved & legged jumpsuit or pjs & then put another blanket over her.

She sleeps fine. I have had her dressed in this as soon as i stopped swaddling her at 5 months.

I went with the SOS routine too but personally thought it was too many layers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to earthfairy For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello
    i have the book, but cannot find the guide, can someone tell me which page??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have to buy the guide from the website, it's only $9 and you download a PDF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyone willing to share it!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is his where they say to use like 10 or so layers of blankets? Actually, was it more.....?

My friend did this and was at her house and she showed me this massive layering of blankets...I was shocked! They were all thin layers though and once over the baby were all locked in tight by being tucked right down the sides and under the matress.

She told me that her daughter had much better sleeps when covered like this.