+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,722
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    40
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lisa they take into consideration: Age, blood test results, nuchal fold & nasal bone measurements I believe.

    My age our ratio should of been 1:1600++++ but with the Nuchal fold alone of 5.9 (nasal bone was present) it bought our results down to 1:2 for T21 & 1:4 for T13 or 18. Jacob had none of these instead he was missing his whole X chromosome.

    Its there to give you odd of what might be wrong nothing more as its not a definate answer to get the definates you need the CVS or amnio done.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,149
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks Ladies, starting to not stress too much bout it all now thats to you lovely ladies.

    Sweetperfectchild - Thanks for the tip on the nose bone, I'll definately go back and have another look at my ultrasound dvd.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bundaberg, QLD
    Posts
    765
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked
    55
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At age 40 my result for Seth was 1:20. His NT was 3.6. He was negative for DS. Now, at nearly 41, my result for this baby was 1:780. I am thrilled! That's a great result that doesn't concern me at all. If there is nothing on your morph scan to indicate DS, chances are your baby will be perfect. Try to relax - it's a good result. The nuchal thickness was really low. Mine was 2.4 this time.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    448
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Be careful about looking for the nasal bone yourself. I did and talked myself into the fact there wasn't one at 12 weeks. I am still scared about this. It is not standard procedure where I'm living to check for the nasal bone. When I asked my docs about it, they said to the untrained eye it can sometimes look as if there is no bone because the u/s equipment needs to be placed in a position to specifically look for the bone. Also, only certain sonographers are trained to look for it. So try not to freak out if you don't see it.....

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    1,159
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry, I I cant contribute to the scan discussion, not having been there myself yet.

    Just wanted to say a huge congrats to Craftymum on your pregnancy!! We were on a few pg testing together threads last year - I am so stoked at your news!
    Enjoy the rest of it x

    xoA

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,149
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Anemone - Aww thanks lovely

    Dboo - I was thinking that it might not be best to look lol!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    At age 33, risk of Down's was 1:50.

    Had CVS - baby is perfectly fine.

    Your nuchal measurement is really good. I wouldn't worry. I wasted a lot of time stressing about it.

    Good luck!!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Default Today...

    Quote Originally Posted by dboo View Post
    I'm 33 and expecting my first baby in 5 weeks. My NT was 1.7. I did the Quad screen blood test and result came back at 1/760 chance for Down syndrome. I wanted an amnio anyway but I'm living overseas and they will only permit an amnio if the result is 1/300 or higher. I am STILL worried. After every scan (I get a monthly or fortnightly u/s here) I checked all the body part lengths and measurements online which is a dumb thing to do because babies grow at different rates and the ob said everything looks fine, but I won't be able to relax until after the birth and I know he's OK. Most people would be very happy with a 1/760 result but I am a worrywart.
    Hi,

    i am new to this forum, just read your post ( from 2009 ) and we have identical results, 1.7mm and my double test came with 1:760! I am 35 though and 16 weeks atm. Hopefully everything turned out well for you and your little one - just wanted to hear your oppinon on everything afterwards....thx

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,727
    Thanks
    1,521
    Thanked
    1,958
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 22, so can't really help with your request.

    Try to remember though, your results mean you have around a 0.1% chance of DS - 99.9% chance that bub doesn't have downs.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Downs Test
    By BlueRose1 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 22:23
  2. Keilor Downs Playgroup
    By Evalyn in forum Playgroups, Get Togethers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-04-2012, 15:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
GymbaROO
GymbaROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available Australia-wide. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!