User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any one dobed some one into centrelink??

I'm thinking about it as this person is on single parent income living with her partner who also claims single doll payments and she works cash in hand... Now I don't mean to sound all high and mighty but I'm so sad that I have to go back to work 7 weeksafter having my baby just so we can stay aflot while people like this compleatly rip of the systm, I'm sick of it sorry rant over lol. Basicly what sort of info would I need to provide, I'm guessing the place she works were they live that sort of thing??? Also do you think it's chilidish to dob them in I have to admit it is due to a falling out...

Thanks
    Reviews
    i wouldnt, but thats just me. i wouldnt like to be responsible for putting a family *thats right not just her but her kids* through a nightmare, she made the decision to be a scumbag and chameleon* will bite her in the A55 but it really isnt your business to get involved especially because it does seem at the moment u are feeling crap about your own situation and you have had a falling out. when the emotions cool down, u may not want this sitting on your shoulders.
    Last edited by iMischa; 12-01-2010 at 14:40. Reason: *lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think your motives are not good.

I would never dob anyone in, I would be worried about what would happen to her children if she were caught as they will suffer too.
    I can't go to bed, someone is wrong on the internet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can totally see how tempting dobbing her in would be - but no I wouldn't do it. It's not worth the guilt you might feel afterwards for doing so, especially since her kids would probably suffer as a result of it.

Sooner or later she'll be caught out hun, it's only a matter of time before what her and her partner is doing is discovered by Centrelink and she'll get what she deserves then. Don't waste your time or energy on her, she isn't worth it.
    Sometimes I'd buy Vogue instead of dinner. I just felt it fed me more.
    - Carrie Bradshaw

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldnt either, especially if you have just had a falling out, she might straight away think of you karma will bite her big time, dont worry about that!!!

sam's mum is offline and Amelia's and Belle's too....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I would dob her in.

the sooner that she gets caught, the smaller the debt will be and the less likely that she will be prosecuted and go to jail. It also means that she will have had less time getting used to living on the higher income.

the longer it goes on, the harder it will be on her family when she eventually does get caught.
    Jane 38 and Luke 42
    (we don't have an emo emoticon) Amelia 15
    Sam 5
    Isabelle Kate 3

23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is ironic!

Yesterday I did dob someone in.

At my place of employment we have access to our Client's Centrelink Income Statements. (Client's sign consent which gets updated annually).

I print out a new updated version once a month.

For months now when I print out one of my Client's income statement it says that she is not partnered (she is) and is receiving maximum benefits.
    Every time a new one gets printed and shows this I phone her up and warn her to go to Centrelink and do the right thing, and each time she ignores my warning.

As I have a legal responsibility through my place of employment to report any illegal activity our Clients may be doing, and after giving her countless chances to fix it herself, yesterday I told Centrelink.

She and her partner have been together for more then 5 years, they have children together (all kids have his last name), he works full time, and still she has never said she is partnered to Centrelink.

For more then 5 years she has been ripping off the system. I find this absolutely amazing

Regarding my probability of feeling guilt over what I've done,

1. It is my legal responsibility

2. She IS BREAKING THE LAW (would you report her if she stole money off you??)

3. It is her fault for putting her children in that situation, not mine

Would I have done it if it wasn't a part of my Employment agreement - If I had the same information and substantial proof - HELL YES!

People who rip off Centrelink (knowingly) IMO are manipulative, conscientious of every lie they are telling, go out of their way to support the lie and deserve to be caught.

(I asked Centrelink what would happen in this instance and they told me that due to the extent of the fraud, (length of time it has been going on), the investigation once finished will result in Prosecution.)

Just not worth the risk if you ask me!
    Last edited by hailsntwang; 12-01-2010 at 06:23.
    Me Hayley - 27 DH Andrew - 31
    Our Son - Ryder Blake 13/04/2008 - 9 lb 3
    Our Son - Machan DJ 29/10/2010 - 10 lb 13.5

Two Angels lost (2009 & 2012 )

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a really tough situation. I know people in the same situation (claimign single but are infact partnered) and I haven't/won't dob them in.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, I know someone who did this a few years back, it's really sucky, but no I didn't dob them in... would have liked to though...

Hails - you definitely did the right thing!
    Yoga Mum to 3 boys..
    Amor Fati

Thanks
    Reviews
    by the by, hails you definitly did the right thing as you were required to do that by law.