User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Girls and boys bathing together

Was at my mum's place last week and she had visitors over. The ad for Gelli Baff came on and this visitor said it's wrong to show an ad with a boy and a girl in the bath together. I looked closer and said the little girl has togs on, even in the bath, and they later had them in the pool with the stuff. She said boys and girls should not bath together at the ages those kids are.

What do you think? Should boys and girls bath together? Up to what age is it acceptable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So long is everyone involved is comfortable, I'm comfortable!

I think some adults forget that they are looking at male/female interaction from an adult lens, children are in most cases innocent and comfortable around each other until those pesky adults become involved and fill their minds with all sorts of troublesome things/ or exposed to innappropriateness.

DD still bathes with her father, she's 5 he's 30! Infact most of the time I'm in there too perched on the loo because I don't want to miss out on all the fun! If there was room for the three of us we would probably all be in there!

we are a bunch of shameless nudies!
    With Metta

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had a problem with it.

I had 5 children in the house for 3 months a year ago, I often had the 2 youngest in together, they just happened to be both boys, and the 2 girls were both aged 5 (mine and the other one) so they bathed together, and the older boy liked his privacy by then, even at the age of 7.

Sometimes I'd have a shower and the toddler would end up in with me, so the 3 year old boy would have a shower with the 2 girls. They were all little so could all fit in together.

I didn't like them actually being in the tub together, but that's because one of them was prone to UTIs and I was told that bathing kids together, or using anything in the water (like bubble bath and I suppose this gelli baff) would increase the chance of a UTI. They often did shower though.

There were times when I had DD and the toddler in the shower with me, then I'd hop out and the 3 year old would jump in. The 5 year old and 7 year old (boy/girl) would then shower together, but the 7 year old definately preferred to have his own time in there lol.

I'd never really thought of the combination until now, because I was looking at them as small children. I guess it's different as they get older, I wouldn't have had DD in the shower with the young boy if they were teens but at 3 and 5 I didn't see any problem at all with it.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a little strange about it I suppose. I think when they are really little maybe its ok but I would not bath boy/girl after about 4/5. In saying that I am due for a girl in May and will have a 16mo boy then but I won't ever be bathing them together. I know it is all innocent but I have my reasons for it. I also don't think boys and girls should share bedrooms either but thats just me

Thanks
    Reviews
    When i was a child my parents were sarong wearing hippies and nudity has never been considered anything out of the norm to us, so when i was a kid(5 til about 9) i used to bath with my little brother and sister(they were baby/toddler age)and also my best friend and her little brother(he was toddler age also) when we went for sleep overs! I think were i grew up it has always been a big deal to save water aswell.
    I have no problem with kids bathing with others kids/siblings or their parents-not a big deal to me. Everyone is different though
    Last edited by blissfullybonkers; 09-01-2010 at 11:42. Reason: added something
    ~♥~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Amber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    pfft - I reckon while they all don't mind it doesn't matter.

DD & DS bathed togather up until DS was 6ish and DD 4ish and we only stopped 'cos they both physically couldn't fit comfortably anymore and started fighting (DD always wants to lie down).

My kids shared a double bed until DS was 6ish and DD 4ish.

My kids are very close emotionally, they are quite good friends and nothing untoward has ever happened.
    "Free speech does not give you a free pass to say incorrect things and not be criticised for it."

Rosemary Johnson

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its only seen as rude/sexual in adults eyes - not the childs - unless you make it.

My kids (boy 5 & girl 2) bath together - they also share the bath with there male cousins (3,6,8) and with their female cousins ( 2, 3,9) - and will continue to do so until they either hit puberty or become uncomfortable.

Oh and I shower with them as well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    well with family i think its fine untill they are uncomftable or want their own baths/showers.
    with close friends and relos id probly not be so comfy after 7 yrs.
    my girls only ever bath together so far so i havent really thaught about it
    Me- 25
    Dp- 30
    Dd- 6
    Dd2- 2
    Suprise #3 due 13th January 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    My three all tub together. DD1 does not as much now as she is very tall and it was all getting a little cramped.

I have no problem with it. I have a family of rudie nudies. I am forever telling them to get dressed.
    Me (35) Him (40)
    DD1 (9) DS (7) DD2 (2)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not after the age of 5 or so...no.
    Mummy of 6 little *cough* dears
    DD - 15*DS - 13* DD - 12 *DD - 9 *DD - 5*DS - 3
    ~~~Is Married!!!~~~
    SW - 86kgs, GW - 60kgs, CW - 57kg