+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    im having quite a stressful day personally. I'm so far behind with my bills, had threats from all the utilities to cut everything off if they dont get money argh

DP has just started a new job this week. He's been in and out of casual employment since our DD was born last march.

I can't live in lala land anymore, its time for me to go back to work. So i've been making appointments all morning to see the job service provider next week to help me find a new job, and I've been looking at child care option for DD. Found one that sounds lovely. She's made an appointment for me to come in there and meet the staff and look around and just watch how it all works for a few hours.

No one has ever cared for my DD other than myself. well, DP has watched her for an hour or so while get groceries but she's not been left with someone else. The thought of leaving her terrifies me.

*sigh* I'll get over it i guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    kaz, sorry your going through a hard time. i have been in that position before and it was so hard to get out of.

your DD will do fine in daycare. coop loves it. honestly was the best thing i ever did for him. have you thought about possibly doing night work, like a few hours of cleaning of something. i know its not a desirable job but its still money right. same with doing stocking shelves at woolies or something. you can put your DD to bed and be home in time to get a decent sort of sleep.

i hope things pick up

julez19 is offline 2010 New Year's resolution is to finally collect on my fortunes from Nigeria... Suckers!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Karice, Im sorry you are having a tough time at the moment, like He said, your LO might love daycare, although like you I havent left my LO for more then a few hours with his dad but I know that when the time comes for daycare etc Im going to be a blubbering mess for the first day until I see his little face in the afternoon, kids love daycare, my eldest actually told me not to cry on his first day Hope all goes well with DH new job, it takes a while for things to settle down after they have been a bit hectic for a while though, do you have any friends or family that could watch DD for a few hours a few times a week so you can get a part time job? It may not be a lot of money but any thing might be a help, at the very least you might grow a bit more comfortable with leaving DD for a longer period of time. Wish there was something I could do or say but give you laods of and let you know that things will definitely get better.

julez19 is offline 2010 New Year's resolution is to finally collect on my fortunes from Nigeria... Suckers!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by me n he View Post
    yeah, i love working hence why i work now and coop does daycare. i dont do SAHM well. i couldnt imagine leaving my job for another child really tbh
    yeah im getting to the point of not being so good at all this too, it's so darn lonely all the time, especially when you don't drive but when I did work I loved it! It made me feel like I was doing something that made me a better mum, it gave me a sense of confidence and responsibility and knowledge that I could take care of myself Im actually looking at going back to work, maybe packing shelves at coles of a night or something. Just something to get me out of the house before I go completely nuts (not that theres anything wrong with being nuts)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    yeah i need to get my learners so i can get my license. will make things so much easier esp as i am spending $12 day on trains and buses adn it cant get any cheaper unfortunely due to the zones i have to go into for work. i was a SAHM for a year and i absolutely hated it. esp when coop would be full on. he has been in daycaer since 7mths and he loves it. i am so glad i have a good daycare. speaking of daycare, just arrived to pick him up so will be back on bout 8ish

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah getting my learners is a goal I have set for this year, I don't really have any reason for not getting them so I dont know what's holding me back I think I have an issue with leaving James with anyone, with my first because I was so young, everyone doubted my abilities to look after him (well that's how I felt, in reality they were probably just helping ) so with james i think I have gone above and beyond the amount of time I should be with him to the detriment of my social life I should take him to daycare because he would love it but I just don't feel ready enough to let go yet Now that I'm reading that back I sound like a fuitcake

Thanks
    Reviews
    dont be scared. go and search for a daycare, just turn up to them unexpected, dont make appointments as i reckon if they know you are coming, they put on an act. its better to see them naturally. i am pretty pro daycare though. i honestly wish i put coop in earlier than i did and he didnt start until he was 7mths but i pulled him out as i didnt like his centre. then his current center opened last year in april and he has been there since. most of the kids have actually so he is growing up with them.

even if you started in small steps as sending for 2hrs, next time or 2 or 3wks later, send for 3hrs and slowly increase the time. coop has benefited so well from daycare. he is so confident withe everything and the staff are really great with him as well .

i think getting my learners will be somethign i want to achieve this year. kinda need it for work and would free up quite a bit of time for myself esp as i travel up to 3hrs a day at times, sometimes more

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling a little better about the day care idea today. I've spent so much time stressing about how I feel about leaving DD in someone elses care that I forgot to stop and consider the she might actually enjoy it I'm such a worrier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies do you mind if i join? for those that dont know me... My name is Lauren, im 25 and have 8 month old twins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Karice View Post
    I'm feeling a little better about the day care idea today. I've spent so much time stressing about how I feel about leaving DD in someone elses care that I forgot to stop and consider the she might actually enjoy it I'm such a worrier.
    you can always try her in it. just introduce it to her slowly. she might not be ready for it. it does take a few weeks to settle in so she will be upset for a few weeks. i also found it easier if they went 2 consectutive days a week as well

Quote Originally Posted by two cheeky smurfs View Post
    Hi ladies do you mind if i join? for those that dont know me... My name is Lauren, im 25 and have 8 month old twins!
    lauren. how are the twinnies today?