+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NicAndStu View Post
    Kimnus - I'm sorry to hear of your PCOS diagnosis. I hope everything works out ok for you.

Lansta - hi again! (from the Feb thread lol).

I was mothers day shopping the other day and for the first time felt eyes judging me as a 'young mum' and was bothered by it. All through my pregnancy I would get looks from strangers and once I even overheard an old lady say to her friend as I walked by "oh she's a bit too young to have a baby" but I just shrugged it off, it never bothered me for a minute. I'm 26, DP is 27. We're not that young... Anyhow, out shopping without DP and A starting crying whilst I was pushing the pram and I could feel eyes and made me feel uncomfortable. One lady walking the other way even turned around and leaned into the pram to see A crying. I love being a mum and think I'm doing a pretty good job so far but I just felt judged. Anyone else felt that way in the beginning?

Me 26 - DP 27
    DS 04/02/2011
    Hi nicandstu ::waves::
    I must admit, not yet. That would annoy the hell out of me though if i got looks like that. What really annoys me is when you find yourself somewhere public and have to breastfeed, is the people who feel it ok to stare at you. I am self conscious enough but when they stare or come for a closer look...myob I say. Far out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimnus- Sorry to hear about your situation, hope everything is well.

Lansta- Welcome, Im Melanie(22 in 11 days) and will be engaged in August when I propose to DP on our 5th yr anniversary. Have a boy who will be 3 in July and a lil girl who will be 6months in 8days.

And I have gotten looks from people when I was pregnant with DS and DD, but I dont care, I know Im doing a great job and there opinion doesnt matter to me. My mothers day was ok, nothing special, but DP is buying me a dishwasher. Hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetums89 View Post
    Kimnus- Sorry to hear about your situation, hope everything is well.

Lansta- Welcome, Im Melanie(22 in 11 days) and will be engaged in August when I propose to DP on our 5th yr anniversary. Have a boy who will be 3 in July and a lil girl who will be 6months in 8days.

And I have gotten looks from people when I was pregnant with DS and DD, but I dont care, I know Im doing a great job and there opinion doesnt matter to me. My mothers day was ok, nothing special, but DP is buying me a dishwasher. Hope everyone is well.
    Hi Melanie
    5 years, that's nice. Hope all goes well in august.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Lansta!! I'm Lydia, 22 year old married to David. We have 2 little girls Jade is 3 and Lily is 20 months. We're also ttc #3 we have been since March 2010, been a bumpy ride just finished having tests done and all is good and we are on some tablets to help now so June is officially our start again month so fingers crossed I can add another bubby to my family soon! Congrats on your new lil bubby!!!

NicandStu - As a new mum I didn't even feel judged, i think i look older then I am? But since my girls have hit the toddler years.. YES! oh my gosh the looks are horrible lol the only sympathic people are other mum's with kids the same age or some elderly women who know what it's like. I've had to deal with some pretty nasty tantrums from my girls in public and I defeniatly know that feeling of being watched and feeling uncomfortable, it's not nice!

Kimnus - Sorry to hear about the PCOS, don't worry too much yet though, I know alot of ladies who've had PCOS and with the right medication have had no issues falling pregnant!

Becki -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lydia
    Ttc number 3 wow, good luck, hopefully june is your month.
    We wanna have 2 but might have a nice gap between probably like your 1st and second.
    Lani

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi nicandstu,
    My baby is 1 month old & two weeks ago we went to Parramatta Westfield for a change and none of the baby change rooms on the directory actually existed so I ended up pushing him around screaming while I was trying to find a parents room. Then some lady decided she needed to say something and asked 'do you think he might be hungry' to which I replied sarcastically 'gee I hadn't thought of that'.
    I'm 24. I don't think I look any younger or older than that but by the tone of her voice I'm pretty sure she felt I was too young to cope. So I completely understand the feeling of disapproving looks. Also got some when I had to give up looking for a room and breastfeed on a bench in the middle of the shops (with a wrap over me). People are rude lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lansta, Dragon Fly & Byronsmummy for your stories. I do feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

Byronsmummy what a dreadful experience for you! I hate having my basic parenting skills questioned like that. I've noticed everyones solution when a baby cries is "Ohh, must be hungry" which annoys me, but for a stranger to say it is just insulting and rude.

Lansta I have so far managed all events and activities around BFing at home, in a parent room or expressing a bottle first thing (if I know I need a bottle it's the only time I have enough to pump) but I can imagine the people who stare. It's not as if we're getting our boobies out for fun.

Me 26 - DP 27
    DS 04/02/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey everyone, How is everyone doing?

On Sunday night DH and I was DTD and we had a little oops...and it looks like I will have to see if AF turns up in the next 2 weeks or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone hope its ok if I join this thread I'm 24 (nearly 25) and have an 8 week old baby girl. Sorry if I'm crashing not too sure how it all works...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome annacrav you are morn then welcome to join our little group!!

I'm Kim (24) and my DH Michael (24) and I have a 6 month 3 week old son named Lachlan.