+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thankyou earthfairy

Bec - I admire you so much for everything you have gone through (wanted to say that for a while) and am amazed how positive you seem to remain. i'm all for the quiet nights LOL
    Nup I can't move back in with mum as she is giving her house to my brothers and moving in with her bf (don't even get me started on that). My sister might share with me, but I am also going to apply for housing and then I guess it will be a waiting game because it is impossible for me to rent privately down here...

Hi WinterRat, both bec and I have floated round the single parents section for a fair while now...

Hi Julie, welcome.

My LO is passed out on the cold tiled floor at the moment, i tried to move him to the bed but he cracked it so I am leaving him there... He always gets sick when we are down here, my brothers smoke so maybe it has something to do with that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supa_star323 View Post
    Bec - I admire you so much for everything you have gone through (wanted to say that for a while) and am amazed how positive you seem to remain.
    thanks tegan. being positive is the only way to go for me. helps me get through the day even though things can be stressful, i like to think the best of everything atm.

hi julie. welcome to our chat thread. i am on northside brissy.

omg, i am so so over this heat. i have been sitting in front of the fan in just undies all day. i dont know how much more heat i can take. i could go into my room where its cooler but the net connection in there isnt as good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    tegan, teh floor is prolly best for jake esp as it would be much cooler. if he is happy, yeah just leave him. funny where they choose to sleep at times.

i do hope you find someone to live with you. good luck with housing department as thats gonna take forever and by the time you get a place, your living conditions are generally changed. gotta love them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Supa_star I havent been in the single parent section for very long but I shall be sure to take notice now come to think of it havent been in the whole of BH for long lol.
    I wish my LO would fall asleep on the lounge or floor etc. Refuses to sleep anywhere but bed!!

hi Julie

me_n_he - how do manage to do the positive? I try but I just come off as cynical now days? I think tomorrow is set to get hotter isnt it? At least it is here. Thank God Pa bought a house with air con!

Do your LO's eat salad in the summer? Ive tried but my LO just looks at me like Im stupid or something? And Im seriously over cooking in this weather!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterRat View Post
    I wish my LO would fall asleep on the lounge or floor etc. Refuses to sleep anywhere but bed!!

me_n_he - how do manage to do the positive? I try but I just come off as cynical now days? I think tomorrow is set to get hotter isnt it? At least it is here. Thank God Pa bought a house with air con!

Do your LO's eat salad in the summer? Ive tried but my LO just looks at me like Im stupid or something? And Im seriously over cooking in this weather!!
    i wish my son would only sleep in a bed when he is home but he wont sleep. i made him go to bed the other night at 7:30pm as i was so tired. he ended up in bed with me as i didnt want to battle him so i fell asleep to him stroking my face. sweet heart he is. dont know what time he fell asleep though.

as for staying positive, i have to in my situation. its all i can do. sure i have my good days and bad days but i am turning my life around atm and trying to come out on top

coop eating salad, you gotta be kidding me. he wont eat it but i am more than happy for him to eat fruit. he saw some lady eating some grapes the other day and he wanted some but as we were waiting for a bus, i didnt have enough time to grab him some for a munch on the way home. the lady gave him some as he is one impatient boy at times. when he wants something, he wants it right then and there

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, this heat is such a killer!!!

Bec, I am hoping i can apply for emergency housing as uni is about to start and jake has been diagnosed with autism and all my family are in byron. Have to call up tomorrow so I shall see how I go!

Jake eat salad? Definitely not, he lives off biccies and weetbix. If I can get some fruit in it's a miracle...

The whole positive thing? See I am trying that too and everyone says I seem bitter and need to accept help more and . I figure you can't win...

Ah well, I am going to have a n icecream, which I don't need at all since I am trying to lose weight, and then put lil man to bed hopefully. Gotta love being at mums cause she has helped me out so much tody and I probably would have lost it either. Shall be back tomorrow.

tegan xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I don't usually venture very far from my birth group thread...I'm a bit shy lol

I'm Kaz, I have a 10 month old and I'll be 24 in August. We've had a rough year with my DP being laid off work 8 weeks after our DD was born and he's only just found work.

I look forward to getting to know you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    kaz. i am bec. welcome to our chat thread. feel free to pop in whenever

enjoy your ice cream tegan. how long you at your parents for?

good luck with housing department as well. i was lucky as i was on the waiting list but since my parents were in housing and they moved, i took over the lease on the place so i didnt have to wait much longer but i really want a transfer to somewhere smaller as the place is just too big for my liking esp the yard if i want to allow coop outside to play by himself. wouldnt mind getting a little 2 bedroom brick unit to call home but i could be waiting for up to 10yrs for that even though i am in a 3 bedroom house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    good morning everyone. hope everyone is well today. i am just on my way into work. always good fun.

how is jake going today tegan? feeling any better? i hope so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kaz, and welcome.

Bec, Jake is back in bed, he ate three pieces of nutrigrain and has kept that down so I don't really think he is any worse, but not much better either. It's kinda dumb if they wouldn't let you move to a smaller place considering there is prob people that need a bigger one more.

I am heading home tomorrow, found out last night my bros gf if pg and I am extremely jealous (even though i know its stupid) so i am awaiting my escape...