+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uc prep

Rhiannon,

I did exactly what you did. You'll need to score quiet highly in your UC prep course, as it is extremely competitive to get into B Midwifery. Once you're enrolled you have access to UC library- which contains thousands of journals that you can access that will help you answer your questions. I also used google scholar.

I got got accepted into the degree however, my heart was else where and applied to Sydney Uni with my ATAR score (UC prep mark) and got accepted into another degree, so I moved to Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your reply Pricey!

I can't tell you what a relief it is to read that someone else has managed to do this! My sister did UC prep last year, so fortunately i know what to expect. Hopefully i can do well....i'm going to work as hard as i can!

So glad to read that i will have access to all the journals....it's really nerve wrecking to try and answer those questions (and stand out among the rest!) with limited education in midwifery itself (at the moment! haha)

Thank you again, at least now i know i have a chance if i do well.

PS: When did you get accepted?
    Last edited by Rhiannon92; 13-07-2014 at 03:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're welcome

I did UC prep in August 2012 and received an offer November/December ish for the 2013 intake.

If you're sister is at UC now, you can access the journals through her account I tried to look on my computer for my questions and answers but have since deleted it, it seems

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the late reply!

You've given me some hope! haha. Thanks for having a look for your old questions even if you couldn't find them. I really appreciate it

All the best!
    Rhiannon

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Midwifery courses

Hi there,
    I am hoping someone would be able to help me out.. I am currently studying midwifery at UC and absolutely love it but will have to move next year with my partner to either Brisbane, Townsville or Darwin and wish to continue my studies. Has anyone heard of any of those courses In those areas being particularly good and if so, which one's better out of them, and if anyone is currently studying any of them In these areas/uni's could kindly tell me what they think of their course, that would be amazingly helpful!!!!!

I Just want to make the best descision possible for my studies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Christieb are you studying straight midwifery or the dual nursing/midwifery course? In Brisbane you can study through ACU (campus at Banyo, north side near the airport), UQ (mid is done at the St Lucia campus I believe, inner west Brisbane) and Griffith uni (not sure what campus sorry, but fairly sure Logan and Gold Coast and probably either Nathan or Mt Gravatt - all south side). I did my midwifery (postgrad) through ACU and I enjoyed the course quite a lot. I work with girls who went through both UQ and ACU as undergrads and they're all equally as competent as midwives. No one uni stands out over the others. We do have 1 or 2 who are questionable in their competency, but that's more the person than the uni (and they're on learning contracts/working in places where they're not unsafe/out of depth)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Christieb  (28-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Courses for midwifery

HI there,

I was hoping someone could help me out... I am currently studying Midwifery at UC and am absolutely loving it, but unfortunately have to move next year with my partner to either Townsville, Darwin or Brisbane. Has anyone heard anything positive or negative about any of the courses in these areas and what they would recommend over the other? or if anyone is currently studying midwifery at any of the unis in these areas could tell me what they think of the course/ how they are finding it?This would be amazingly helpful! Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the repeat in posts I didn't think it went through the first time!
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your reply! I am doing direct midwifery ( am loving the perspective) but am open to thinking about a dual. What would you or anyone recommend over the other?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It depends what you're wanting to do when you graduate. Sometimes the nursing thing helps, sometimes it doesn't. The one major downside to the dual degree that I've heard from many of the girls I've worked with (as both students and colleagues) is that there are no graduate programs in brisbane as yet that incorporate the 2, so you're having to choose whether to apply for either nursing or midwifery grad programs when you finish. It makes it hard if you can't get into a mid program, but you get into a nursing one as it's a lot harder to get a job down the line as a midwife if you've not worked in the area. If your heart is set on just doing mid, stick to the b.mid.
    Last edited by M'LadyEm; 28-07-2014 at 12:46.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Christieb  (28-07-2014)