+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces00 View Post
    anyone know when the next STAT test will be held in melbourne?
    I'd like to know too. Although do we do that after we apply if needed?

I'm wondering if there is anything I should be doing before applications open?? I'm not sure if there's much I can do at this stage apart from getting the Hep B immunisation which I'm doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bump.

Just wondering if there's a way to find out our immunisation history....? Like do we go to Medicare or something? I've got some really old immunisation cards that my mum gave me, but I wonder if maybe there's a record on file with the government that lists all the immunisations we've had, like the record we can get for our kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got mine from my Dr. They had it saved in their computer files. You can also get blood testing done to see what you still have immunity to and what you need boosters for.
    STAT testing info will be out on VTAC once it opens I would assume. It usually is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec Traynor View Post
    So im thinking of applying to start uni of Canberra bachelor of Midwifery in 2013, i know its ages away but i want to start looking into topics and options now.
    I am applying to do the uni prep course hopefully to get into the June-September one, this is meant to give me a 95% chance of getting into the course with the right CV and cover letter.

Can anyone tell me some things i should add into the cover letter or any other infomation that would better my chances of studying mid in 2013 ?/

thanks in advanced
    Bec x
    I am doing what you are doing I start UC prep on the 26th June 2012 and hoping to get into the Bachelor or nursing at UC next year. I am 28 years old and hoping to get an ATAR (from UC prep) that will get me in. When I contacted the uni they told me I don't need a cover letter nor sit an STAT to get in as my marks and grades from the UC prep course will get me in.

xXx

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is absolutely phenomenal! I've been a midwife for about 16 years and we often get asked about the midwifery courses. It is terrific to know where people can study. With world wide shortage of midwives it is great that you are studying to enter this rewarding and blissful profession xo

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janey2603 For This Useful Post:

free_babe5  (17-12-2012),RHJ  (02-07-2012),troopingfairy  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just updated first post with change to Monash in Vic- it is now only offering the double degree .
    If anyone has any other changes or updates please let me know so I can keep the first post up to date for 2013 applicants. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RHJ View Post
    Just updated first post with change to Monash in Vic- it is now only offering the double degree .
    If anyone has any other changes or updates please let me know so I can keep the first post up to date for 2013 applicants. Thanks!
    Hey RHJ, just wondering - why do you think Monash has dropped the BMid and is now only offering the double degree?

Thanks
    Reviews
    NFI to be honest. Probably a money thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Adelaide and want to do bachelor of nursing & midwifery. Can I not do a double degree in Adelaide?

Thanks