+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does anyone know which Uni on the Sunshine Coast offers Middy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Edit. This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but let's use Midwifery/Midwife not "middy". I've never heard "middy" used when referring to midwifery or midwives except on this forum and it's almost a bit offensive.....

Midwife means "with woman". Be proud of that title and use it. To be able to call yourself a midwife is a privilege, don't shorten it to something cheap.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Middy makes me think of a can of mid strength beer...lol

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moncheri For This Useful Post:

meredithgreyxxx  (01-01-2015),Rhiannon92  (01-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha i couldn't help but giggle when i read that!

I too think 'midwifery' sounds a lot nicer.

I've had a bit of a 'bumpy' ride with my midwifery application. At canberra university there was apparently over 400 applicants for 35 full time and 15 part time places......i'd been doing a preparation course and before i had even received the results i was sent a rejection email (of course it was on a friday afternoon at about 5pm so there was no one i could contact). I was devastated...after three days of serious disappointment/sadness i called the midwifery faculty to ask what my options would be as i had been sent a rejection letter.....only to be told that was an admission error and i was going to be offered a part time place that would lead to a full time place!!!!! i was so over the moon!!!

She told me they couldn't send me my offer until January when they 'officially' received my preparation class results so i'm still hanging out for that.....i can't help but still feel worried.....i just want the offer now! haha

All the best to everyone else waiting for their results

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhiannon

congratulations on getting a place ~ that is fantastic news! We will have to catch up got a coffee before uni starts!

Andrea

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roogirl1973 For This Useful Post:

Rhiannon92  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Andrea!

I still don't trust them though....i did call admissions though because i got an offer for science when i got the rejection to midwifery and they too said it was a mistake and to ignore the science off and once they 'officially' got my results they could send my midwifery offer....still....i won't rest until i have the offer haha.

We should definitely meet! Let me know which week suits you and i can tell you which days i'm not working. It will be nice to know someone in the degree before it starts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys

Has anyone that has applied to ECU for the Registered Nursing & Midwifery course heard back from admissions yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=moncheri;8062922]Hey guys

Has anyone that has applied to ECU for the Registered Nursing & Midwifery course heard back from admissions yet?[/QUOTE

hi Moncheri, I heard on Thursday that I got accepted into that course, the email fell into my junk mail though so make sure you're checking in there.

good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=yourefunnymummy;8063645]
    Quote Originally Posted by moncheri View Post
    Hey guys

Has anyone that has applied to ECU for the Registered Nursing & Midwifery course heard back from admissions yet?[/QUOTE

hi Moncheri, I heard on Thursday that I got accepted into that course, the email fell into my junk mail though so make sure you're checking in there.

good luck x
    That's awesome! I got my acceptance in Nov so we will be class mates I'm just waiting on my book list and what do do for the immunization check

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=moncheri;8064386]
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefunnymummy View Post

That's awesome! I got my acceptance in Nov so we will be class mates I'm just waiting on my book list and what do do for the immunization check
    How exciting! I've enrolled in all my units but haven't got anything about the booklist either, I'd like to get it soon so that I can budget.
    im a little worried about the immunisation checks as I have no immunity to rubella (German measles) I've had the vac 3 x now and it never takes. Hope that it won't be an issue?! Also I have no idea how to get my records from the UK?
    Let me know what events you're going to for orientation and maybe we can buddy up 😀
    i still can't quite believe this is all happening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=yourefunnymummy;8065459]
    Quote Originally Posted by moncheri View Post

How exciting! I've enrolled in all my units but haven't got anything about the booklist either, I'd like to get it soon so that I can budget.
    im a little worried about the immunisation checks as I have no immunity to rubella (German measles) I've had the vac 3 x now and it never takes. Hope that it won't be an issue?! Also I have no idea how to get my records from the UK?
    Let me know what events you're going to for orientation and maybe we can buddy up ������
    i still can't quite believe this is all happening!
    You have to go to the co op bookshop website to find out what text books you need.
    Hmm I have no idea if that would be an issue..I suppose you can always ring and ask.
    Pretty sure you dont need your records because they just do a blood test to check what vacs you've had, well thats what the ECU nurse told me.

Have you got the dual degree timetable? I have no idea how to work out whats going on its all over the place and I dont know what the stages up the top mean lol

Its super exciting Sure we can buddy up, I'll let you know what events im going to when I find out whats on cause last time I checked it says there were no events atm.