+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

Sorry for the late reply! Things have been a bit hectic! I can't do Thursday the 20th because i have to do a lunch covering shift (10am-1pm -_-) any chance Friday might work? If not, it's okay!

The weeks are dragging on for me! I feel SO nervous....and i know you girls will more than likely get an offer before me because i won't have my grades yet.
    I really hope we all get in!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am still good for Thursday. I am however free Friday also. So whatever works for everyone.

Yes, I so Hope I get in but I am also prepared if I get a rejection. This wait seems so long. I am trying to keep my mind off it and focusing on other things, like Christmas preparations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Andrea is away interstate on Friday... I am happy to catch up Thursday and then organise another catch up later for R.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys

I am away in Queensland on Friday to attend a wedding, but can still catch up tomorrow or we can make it another week when all three of us can catch up?

I'll keep an eye on the posts to see what everyone prefers to do.

Annabelley - I know how you feel, I so want to get in but am trying not to get too excited in case I don't make the cut. Getting hard though, as I have to start organising after school care etc now.

Andrea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the inconvenience! i could do 1:30 but i guess that's a little tricky as you need to meet in your lunch break! It's okay though you could meet like Annabelle suggested and maybe we can meet up another time all together

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Andrea and Annabelle,

I just wanted to let you know/confirm that you will potentially receive your offer in "a few weeks time" which i suspect will be mid December. I wrote to ask a few questions about my situation with my preparation results and i got a reply saying the results will be given in a few weeks time and they will look at my results after they have received them in late December (thank goodness!) and see how they compare with the other applicants.

The pressure!! haha

All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck hun. I so hope we all get a place. Someone told me last week that they Have changes the number of women we have to follow.. from 20 to 10 women. I am not sure if I knew that already but this will make the course more manageable if one has other commitments such as work or family.

I am also following The midwife diaries (midwifediaries.com) by Ellie Durant and also her videos on you tube, if anyone is interested. It is Uk based, BUT saying that, there are girls there that are from NZ and Sydney too, ohh and me, I have made a few comments on their facebook site too.

Yes, I too feel the pressure too much lol I can say...it's doing my head it!!

Regards
    Nicola Annabelle Young

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Rhiannon - I feel for you having to wait those extra few weeks, this wait is killing me too. Would be so great if we all got a place!

Thanks Nicola for for the link - will check that out!

I had had heard the final year had dropped from 20 to 15 so either way it is less women which will help us!

I have everything crossed for us all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again!

I did hear that they reduced the number of women too but i also read that some universities will maintain the numbers for the bachelor of Midwifery and reduce them for the double Nursing/Midwifery degree.

I've been occasionally looking at the midwifery diaries too! If you girls haven't already, go onto ABCIVIEW and watch 'the midwives'. I really enjoy it (Especially the last episode that focused on student midwives although it's in the UK)

Gosh i really feel the pressure mounting....i have assignments for my preparation course and i always feel so stressed that i need to obtain high marks (which fortunately i've been able to do so far...fingers crossed it stays that way!) Christmas is going to be really nerve racking for me.....i doubt i'll get any response until January because the University closes for a while.

I'm so thankful i have someone to talk to this about! No body else understands the stress haha.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, can we let each other know asap if anyone finds out anything!!!! I am dying here.... Lol