+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhiannon92,

I did not do UC prep, however If I don't get in for the 2015 intake, I will either do UC Prep OR take 2 individual science units (anatomy and Physiology) then apply again in 2016 and get these credited.

I am hoping that they consider my work experience, life experience and diploma to gain entry into the course.

I am sure you will answer the questions just fine There is a lot of information out there.

I am applying part time this first year then we will see. I am happy to plug along over 5 years and know that at the end of it , I am still enjoying it and not too stressed out. My plan is to complete it in either 4 years or 5 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a good plan!

I start UC Prep tomorrow! I'm quite young so i don't have have as much experience as yourself so i think it's necessary If my options if i don't get in are a science bachelor or the two units you mentioned....i really hope i get in! haha.

Thankfully the questions ask "What do YOU see as..." so if you can argue you point i guess it can't really be 'wrong'. Half a page per question does make it challenging though. Did you reference things?

Although i'm applying for full time, i agree the less pressure you can put on yourself the better! Especially if you have children

I hope to see you next year in the degree!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Applying for UC too

Hi Rhiannon and Annabelley

I am applying for UC midwifery too - just finishing off my application and hope to lodge next week.

I'll be mature age too (I'll be nearly 42 when I start) and have three kids.

Fingers crossed we all get in - would be good to meet up if we do and get to know a friendly face or two before it all gets going.

It's super competitive to get into I know, so just praying I do enough to make the cut.

Andrea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Andrea!

Nice to hear from some other potential students

Are you applying for part time or full time? I know they have 35 full time places but i'm not sure how many part time places. It would be interesting to know!

I'm sure (well...hope) if you show them you have done extensive reading you will get in. I asked to coordinator about the places and she said nearly all of the students are mature age and that only around 5 each year are school leavers!

Were you at the open day? Are you living in Canberra? Would be glad to meet some time beforehand!

Rhiannon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhiannon and Roogirl1973,

Great. How exciting. Would love to get to know each other and hopefully all get in. Is anyone in the southside? I am in Weston Creek.

Yes Andrea, like you I have children also and a bit worried that my application that I handed in last week may not cut it, but fingers crossed.

Rhiannon< I didn't reference things. I just wrote what I know about. I called Dale this week and she said that the midwifery department doesn't receive any applications until the closing date being the 31st Oct. So hopefully we will find out within a month what we are doing next year . I am a little unsure how I will handle to study with children but I am sure It will work out somehow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry girls, just called student services and we will find out about offers sometime in December .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in nsw and have enquired about this many times but I do know that unless you have a high enough atar score you will not be allowed straight into a midwifery degree you can however if you have an atar reading but it's not high enough you can do a year of bachelor of nursing as it's same as first yr midi get high marks then transfere into second yr midi or do the full bachelor course then diploma in midi.
    Once completed you can do add on courses if you wish to work in other fields.
    I still really want to be a midwife but 3 kids and uni work placement and assignments I can't see that possible until all are in school.
    I also know the work placement is harder as you have no choice to hrs or where you get put and that would suck if you don't have good support and help to back you up.

The atar score for midwifery in nsw is 97 if anyone wanted to know.
    I miss out by 10 points but 87 will get me straight into nursing where if you haven't got your HSC or any other educational courses up your sleeve you will be given sort of bottom list entry unless you do an open foundation course.

One day I'll do it...all the best to those doing it or about to do it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chan87,

Sorry, BUT I am not convinced that your information is correct.

I would hate for fellow uc midwifery applicates to get incorrect information .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ANNABELLEY For This Useful Post:

Rhiannon92  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhiannon ,

There are 15 part time spots

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ANNABELLEY View Post
    Hi chan87,

Sorry, BUT I am not convinced that your information is correct.

I would hate for fellow uc midwifery applicates to get incorrect information .
    Oh really k unless it's changed in 2 months from my recent conversation from a uni person on the phone then that's what I've been told by both Sydney and Newcastle it hasn't changed since I first went to apply in 2010.

I guess then who ever wants to apply should ring for themselves saving misunderstanding from everyone's comments but that's what I know from being told..

Good luck to applicants it would be an amazing job.