User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does centrelink backpay rent assistance from the start of the lease agreement?

I am just wondering as I forgot to change my address when we moved ( 3 mths ago) as I was getting my mail redirected and I just kept forgetting. I heard from a friend that they backpay to the start of the lease agreement, is that right. We are entitled to an extra $46.00 a fortnight if this is the case as we pay quite a bit more in rent than we did before. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    you may not be entitled cause you are meant to inform centrelink with 7 or 14 days of any address changes....so dont go spending that backpay just yet.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats what I thought. I was thinking if was only back paid from the date I changed my address but my friend swears she did the same thing last year and got back paid . Just thought someone might know. Anyway thats my question for the day, Im so tired of "taking it easy" that im sick of my computer Cant wait until this bubba arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    you might get someone who will put it in the system so you get back pay..fingers crossed!!!

Maybe plead baby brain as to why you forgot..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got back pay about 12 months worth $1300 then I got $ 700 more. My Address was up to date but I forgot to give them our lease agreement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they should make baby brain a medical condition and having 2 other littlies running around doesn't help either Thanks for the reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had an awful thought...I hope I dont get into trouble for this. I am such an idiot...

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hope you dont get in trouble either...you have so much to do with moving and then cause u have a mail redirection, you get the mail, so you dont think about the change of addy thing....Hopefully they will just update your details and start paying yo urent assistance from the date you told them..its not like you werent showing up for stuff etc ( well I am assuming being pregnant and having little ones too)...so its not like you have done anything majorly wrong...you would still be getting the mail from them and following anything up if you had to

There was actually a study recently that show that baby brain is real (like us mums didnt know that)..I cant remember where i saw it at.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sunflowermummy, I am a bit worried but its not like we are paying less rent now and didn't tell them on purpose, so I hope everything works out ok I am just stressing out at the moment about everything. I will take the lease agreement in tomorrow morning and see what they have to say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, just popping in to let you know how I went. Ok I put in the lease agreement this morning and I have just found out that they are back paying me from the start of the lease (September) so, yay theres some extra money to start our savings ($350.00) I am so happy, I wasnt expecting that